Aamir Khan to take mother for Haj this year-end
Meena Iyer (BOMBAY TIMES; August 19, 2012)
The first thing Aamir Khan will do after wrapping up his Dhoom 3 shooting schedule in the USA is to take his mother Zeenat Hussain for Haj. Aamir is extremely close to his mother and has become extra-protective of her after the death of his father Tahir Hussain in February 2010. He has even got his mother to shift from Pune to an apartment in the same building as him and he actually spends more time in his mum’s house than he does in his own.
He recently asked her if he could get her a gift. And she expressed a desire to go on a pilgrimage. Since women can only go to Haj accompanied either by their husband, brother or a son, Aamir has promised his mother that he will make the trip to Mecca with her.
Extremely sentimental about the promise he has made to his mum, Khan refrained from speaking about it when we asked him to.
- Directors who got second chance post forgettable debut
- Check out Aamir Khan-Katrina Kaif shooting for Dhoom 3 climax
- Aamir Khan to join B-Town’s famous games night?
- Shoulder injuries plague Aamir and Shah Rukh
- Pesticide bizman accuses guest on Aamir’s show of fraud; demands apology from both
- Sanjay Dutt hurt by Aamir Khan’s statement about P.K.?
- Aamir Khan lets Shah Rukh Khan enjoy the spotlight?
- Bollywood goes Yamla Pagla Deewana
- Aamir promotes Mansoor Khan’s economic theory on sustainability
- I have a great desire to have a child with Aamir Khan-Kiran Rao