On her film set, Preity shows who’s the boss
Mirror catches the actress as she cracks the whip while filming Ishkq In Paris at a suburban pub
Mehul S Thakkar (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 16, 2012)
Preity Zinta’s comeback venture and also her maiden production, Ishkq In Paris has been shot entirely in France. But for the last song sequence, the makers chose to come home to Mumbai. On the sets in a suburban nightspot, Preity looked completely in charge when we entered. She was energetic, chirpy and gave her shots in a few takes. In fact, she even did her own makeup at times.
But being hands-on has its drawbacks. For example, after seeing one shot on the monitor, we heard the actress yelling, “Why are you guys doing all experiments on my song?” Director Prem Raj had an answer ready. The same however, could not be said about the others in the team.
Sample this: While enacting a particularly seductive dance sequence, Preity lost her cool. The actress was uncomfortable and demanded, “People who are not required, please leave the room. I need my space.” And the people vanished before you could say ‘poof!’ After all, the producer had to look after the best interests of her film.
Interestingly, the song was supposed to be shot in Paris. “It’s a wild party in France where everyone is having fun,” we were told. Perhaps the several foreign dancers – some dressed as angels and some as the devil, made sure the pub had an international feel to it.
“Welcome to my set,” Preity being the gracious host, invited us for a chat and explained, “Today, I have all the money in the world. But I don’t have time to party.” About the film that she had co-written along with Prem, she said, “I am not doing this to prove anything to anybody. I have got immense love from the industry and I am here without a Godfather.”
Excusing herself to get ready for the next shot, she headed straight towards Sophie Chaudhary. Incidentally, Sophie had sung the French portions of the Sajid-Wajid composed song otherwise voiced by Sunidhi Chauhan and Rahul Vaidya. The actress-singer was on the sets to help Preity with the French words.
And through all of this, newcomer Rhehan Malliek, the male lead, remained calm and composed.
- Shah Rukh Khan shoots music video for Shekhar Ravjiani’s Marathi single
- SRK gets steady stream of filmy visitors at Mannat as he recuperates
- Jiah Khan laid to rest amidst tears
- I want John and me to be like Ajay & Rohit-Sanjay Gupta
- Check out Karan Johar-Preity Zinta paying visit to Shah Rukh Khan in hospital
- What makes these brothers of Bollywood click
- Kapil Sibal joins 20 Bollywood celebs to feature in a music video
- Kal Ho Naa Ho kid actor showcases his film at Cannes
- Ishkq In Paris has taught me a lot about cinema-Preity Zinta
- Fenil’s Bollywood Talk # 257