Ek Tha Tiger collects approx 31-32 crs on Day 1
Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network
EK THA TIGER collected a phenomenal 31.25 crore nett on day one. The film may would have collected 75 lakhs more but some centres were closed due to various events listed below. The first day distributor share was amazing as it crossed 19 crore. The first day territorial breakdown is as follows.
Mumbai – 11.48 crore
Delhi/UP – 6.45 crore
East Punjab – 2.76 lakhs
West Bengal – 1.47 crore
Bihar – 45 lakhs
Assam – 5 lakhs
(Most parts of Assam was closed due to a bandh called by a local party)
Orissa – 30 lakhs
CP Berar – 1.61 crore
CI – 1.38 crore
Rajasthan – 1.76 crore
Nizam – 1.62 crore
(some centres in the Maharashtra side of the circuit were closed due to funeral of former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh)
Mysore – 1.55 crore
TNK – 35 lakhs
TOTAL – 31.23 crore
Meanwhile, Taran Adarsh announced the film collected 32.92 crores on Day 1. “Okay, here’s the *actuals* of
#EkThaTiger on Wednesday: Rs 32.92 cr nett on 3300 screens in India. Beyond Historic!” is what he tweeted.
Whether it’s 31.23 crore or 32.92 crores, EK THA TIGER has opened up really huge and is the biggest opener, surpassing Agneepath’s Day 1 collections (22 crore) and RA.ONE’s Day 2 collections (25 crore). Trade pundits, including Adarsh are optimistic that the film shall do as good as Day 1or even better in the weekend and Monday (Ramzan Id).
- Ranbir Kapoor: A superstar too soon?
- Himmatwala fails to make a mark at the BO over the weekend
- UTV adopts same tactic for Chennai Express that YRF did for JTHJ?
- No breaks for Bollywood between exams and IPL
- Ram Gopal Varma’s film off to a slow start
- 70% profit share for Ranbir Kapoor?
- Jab Tak Hai Jaan-Son Of Sardaar lose crores as Mumbai comes to a standstill
- Salman’s producers to now get only 15-20 crore?
- OMG! Another Hindi film axed in UAE
- Channels will not buy satellite rights before film releases