Richa Chadda: The newest item girl in Bollywood
The actress recently shot for an item song composed by RDB in Akshay Chaubey’s untitled directorial venture
Shakti Shetty (MID-DAY; August 14, 2012)
After portraying de-glam roles in all the three feature films she has appeared in so far, Richa Chadda did what she has never attempted before. She recently shot for an item song composed by the British Punjabi band RDB in Akshay Chaubey’s untitled directorial venture.
With an acting career that has her playing characters way too older than her actual age, she found the whole experience a welcome change from her usual drama-driven act. And she enjoyed it thoroughly as well!
Speaking about her experience, Richa explains why she opted for an item number, “I agreed to the song only because Akshay asked me to. Also, he’s one of the very few in the industry who knows that I can dance. The pub-type number was catchy and I learned my moves within a couple of hours when the choreographer had scheduled an eight-hour shift to teach me the whole thing!”
Incidentally, Akshay and Richa go back a long way. The debutant director who assisted Dibakar Banerjee during the making of Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! is also a friend of the actress’ brother and has known her for quite a long time now. Both hail from New Delhi and even the song is set in the neighbourhood that the two grew up in.
- Karan Johar is quite eccentric once you get to know him-Zoya Akhtar
- I would never dare make any of his films-Sandip Ray
- I used to narrate several versions of Sholay-Dibakar Banerjee
- ‘Bholi Punjaban’ of Fukrey, Richa Chadda, is not so bholi
- I had not even heard of Dibakar Banerjee-Sadashiv Amrapurkar
- Pure-veg Richa Chadda eats fake chicken in Fukrey
- Meet the 28-year-old producer and brainchild behind Bombay Talkies
- Ranbir fails to devote 30 seconds to Dibakar for Bombay Talkies?
- Bombay Talkies is India’s official selection at Cannes
- Critics are right about a film 8 out of 10 times-Karan Johar