Rohit Shetty pays workers from his own pocket
Hiren Kotwani (BOMBAY TIMES; August 12, 2012)
Workers, who built the sets of Bol Bachchan, are finally a happy lot. After the second cheque of Rs 24,55,654, issued by the producers, Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Ltd bounced last month, director Rohit Shetty took matters in his own hands. And on Friday, he gave a cheque from his personal account to Prem Singh Thakur, the representative of the workers and chairman of the Allied Mazdoor Union.
It seems that a majority of these daily wage workers are Muslims and needed the money, with Eid coming up. A source told us that the union representatives met Rohit to apprise him of the situation, who in turn assured them that he’d do his best for them.
“These workers are paid on a daily basis and it’s been quite some time since the film released. So, Rohit paid them from his own pocket,” our source said. Needless to say, the workers were thankful to Rohit for his timely help and consider this cheque as their Eidi in advance.
- Ajay offers support to Ekta and her Eid release OUATIM 2?
- Race against time: SRK doesn’t let Deepika go for world tour with Ranbir?
- Kareena Kapoor excited about her role in Zoya Akhtar’s next?
- Deepika Padukone unhappy about not being able to join Ranbir Kapoor?
- Shazahn Padamsee bags Telugu remake of Bol Bachchan
- Akshay Kumar to clash with Rohit Shetty for the 3rd time
- Most remakes made because it earns makers pots of money-Salim Khan
- Chennai Express makers face water woes in drought-hit Satara?
- Sajid Khan calls Akshay Kumar a flop, gets booted?
- Check out Shah Rukh Khan shooting for crucial action scene of Chennai Express