Farhan-Ritesh back with a male bonding film
Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar’s next movie will explore friendship among Delhi youngsters
Harshada Rege (BOMBAY TIMES; August 12, 2012)
Circa 2001. Dil Chahta Hai marked Ritesh Sidhwani’s debut as a producer and Farhan Akhtar’s as a director. It proved to be a cult movie and made dosti fashionable once again. Bollywood rediscovered the bond of friendship through this movie.
A few years later, Rock On!! and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, which were loved by the janta as well as the critics, gave a newer and fresher outlook on the bond of friendship. While DCH was about three friends discovering their paths and beliefs, Rock On!! brought into focus the lives of four friends who unite many years after a bitter break up.
Their most recent release ZNMD took the audience on an exciting road trip with Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol that explored the ties between three childhood friends and their ability to see each other through troubled times.
These movies made by Excel Entertainment have strengthened Farhan and Ritesh’s hold on this particular genre. And now, they will try their hand at this genre once again with a movie titled Fukrey. A source says, “Fukrey in Delhi slang means good-for-nothings. The movie will be set in Delhi to capture the flavour of North India. The story will revolve around young guys in high school and college. As far as the casting is concerned, the makers are looking at various options, but this time around they are considering giving some newcomers a break, which is a first for Ritesh and Farhan.”
According to sources the script will be based on male bonding with a dash of comedy to it. The source adds, “Ritesh and Farhan specialise in this genre. Fukrey is a hilarious script set in Delhi and has that typical North Indian flavour to it.”
- First day morning shows of Man Of Steel, Fukrey cancelled
- Farhan Akhtar wants to work with Sonam Kapoor again?
- I recorded my vocals for Ambarsariya at 3 am-Sona Mahapatra
- Fenil’s Bollywood Talk # 260
- In pictures: Dr Ashok Chopra’s condolence meet
- Farhan Akhtar down with food poisoning; gives shooting a miss
- I hate it that I can’t haggle with my Bihari sabziwala anymore-Richa Chadda
- SRK gets steady stream of filmy visitors at Mannat as he recuperates
- Farhan Akhtar-Ritesh Sidhwani do jugaad for Fukrey song promotion
- Pulkit Samrat does romantic stunt in Fukrey