Boman visits several lingerie stores
Actor visited underwear stores in south Mumbai to prep up for his role as a lingerie salesman
Shakti Shetty (MID-DAY; August 8, 2012)
Many actors in Bollywood go an extra step to step into the shoes of their on screen characters. Boman Irani too, did some thing peculiar, to learn more about his role as a lingerie salesman in Bela Sehgal’s Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi. Boman went knocking on the doors of several underwear stores in south Mumbai to learn the tricks of the trade.
During these visits, Boman observed how people behind the counter behave and treat their customers. In the meantime, he picked up some tips as well. “There is no special manner to conduct oneself when you’re selling undergarments. Their behaviour was very matter-of-factly and they treat the undergarments like any other commodity. Contrary to what the misconception is, the hush-hush factor isn’t there at all! But yes, I also noticed the way in which they were folding the items and putting them back into boxes and many such aspects of the service,” the 52-year-old actor says.
Interestingly, before becoming an actor, Boman used to be a retailer and that experience came in handy too. He further adds, “I used to sell wafers at Grant Road! Thanks to those days, I’ve got a great deal of experience in retailing. So I know how the business and attitude works… the routine of greeting customers, introducing them to your products and ultimately selling!”
- Bollywood mourns the demise of Priyanka Chopra’s father
- Bhushan Kumar to produce Bhoothnath 2; Boman Irani to play baddie
- Boman Irani upsets director
- I wasn’t great as a photographer-Kunaal Roy Kapur
- The ‘Gay’teway To Bollywood
- Every second person in India is Jolly-Arshad Warsi
- Jolly LLB: It’s Boman vs Arshad in this legal combat
- Dialogue is the star in Jolly LLB
- Jolly LLB’s a jolly good slice-of-life cinema-Subhash Kapoor
- When Arshad Warsi bit Boman Irani’s lip