Sukhwinder Singh sets new record
Parag Maniar (BOMBAY TIMES; August 5, 2012)
Instead of going digital like his musical counterparts, Sukhwinder Singh got 108 musicians together to record the title track of Lakhon Mein Ek live with lyrics penned by Gulzar.
Singh explains, “These days, music is usually prerecorded and sounds of musical instruments like the harmonium, iktara, sarangi, to name a few, can be created on a keyboard. But I wanted to retain the impact of live sound and thus chose to record the music of the track live.”
He further felt the show’s theme demanded it. “The show is about real life people from all over the world who have done something for their people and have never given up despite facing hardships and obstacles. This is my way of paying respect to them.”
After dishing out hit numbers like Anarkali Disco Chali (Housefull 2), Nach Le (Bol Bachchan), Hum To Hain Cappuccino (Kya Super Kool Hain Hum) and the latest song Banjaara from Ek Tha Tiger topping the charts, the singer is now looking forward to Sher Khan, Dabangg-2, Zilla Ghaziabad, Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, Son of Sardaar and Chakravyuh.
“I usually do not sing more than 12-15 songs but made an exception this year as all the songs have been unique and at times challenging, too. I just could not say no,” he smiles.
- Film studios hesitant to work with Vishal Bhardwaj?
- Singers miffed after their names don’t get mention in Bombay Talkies CD
- Still disturbs me that my father died without seeing my success-Gulzar
- The top 10 films of 2013 till date
- Gulzar to write Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s Mirza
- Most remakes made because it earns makers pots of money-Salim Khan
- Naseeruddin Shah hated Maqbool-Vishal Bhardwaj
- Pooja Pradaan gears up for Bollywood with Sona Spa
- Emraan Hashmi-Vishal Bhardwaj’s reel ode to Gulzar
- Critics rarely acknowledge the writers-Sabrina Dhawan