Sanjay Dutt gives up alcohol
To fit into the role of a lean and mean cop in KS Ravikumar’s B’wood debut, the actor has decided to shed the extra kilos
Mehul S Thakkar (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 31, 2012)
Sanjay Dutt, after receiving a lot of flak for the extra kilos he had piled on during Department, has finally decided to get back in shape. Known as the ‘Rocky of Indian cinema’, Dutt has given up alcohol to fit into the role of a lean and mean cop for K S Ravikumar’s Bollywood remake of south blockbuster Sammy.
According to a source close to the film, when Sanjay met the makers, he realised that he would have to hit the gym religiously for his character. “He also decided to cut down on alcohol. The role is of a rowdy cop. It requires him to look the way he did before – strong and agile. Since he had a month before the film goes on floors, he decided to follow a strict diet and workout regime,” added the source.
Confirming the story, producer T P Aggarwal told Mirror, “Sanjay is very excited about the role. He has been working out two hours in the morning and two hours in the evening every day. He has decided to drink very rarely only on special occasions.”
The film marks the debut of KS Ravi Kumar in the Hindi film industry. Prakash Raj will be seen in the villain’s role yet again. The first schedule of over 52 days will begin in Hyderabad on August 20.
- Bunty Walia speaks as Sanjay Dutt completes a month in jail
- K S Ravikumar to make his Bollywood on-screen debut with Policegiri
- Manyata goes all out to help Sanju’s lawyer whose family died in bldg collapse
- Room in Sanjay Dutt’s office vacated to accomodate gifts sent by fans?
- Sanjay Dutt’s home food to end on June 16
- Amitabh Bachchan in Sanjay Dutt’s next production?
- I don’t want to be a part of Bollywood anymore-Trishala Dutt
- I want John and me to be like Ajay & Rohit-Sanjay Gupta
- Why Ajay Devgn is the most reliable actor in B-Town
- Sanjay Dutt’s family miffed at people seeking publicity on his name?