Sanjay Dutt gives up alcohol
To fit into the role of a lean and mean cop in KS Ravikumar’s B’wood debut, the actor has decided to shed the extra kilos
Mehul S Thakkar (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 31, 2012)
Sanjay Dutt, after receiving a lot of flak for the extra kilos he had piled on during Department, has finally decided to get back in shape. Known as the ‘Rocky of Indian cinema’, Dutt has given up alcohol to fit into the role of a lean and mean cop for K S Ravikumar’s Bollywood remake of south blockbuster Sammy.
According to a source close to the film, when Sanjay met the makers, he realised that he would have to hit the gym religiously for his character. “He also decided to cut down on alcohol. The role is of a rowdy cop. It requires him to look the way he did before – strong and agile. Since he had a month before the film goes on floors, he decided to follow a strict diet and workout regime,” added the source.
Confirming the story, producer T P Aggarwal told Mirror, “Sanjay is very excited about the role. He has been working out two hours in the morning and two hours in the evening every day. He has decided to drink very rarely only on special occasions.”
The film marks the debut of KS Ravi Kumar in the Hindi film industry. Prakash Raj will be seen in the villain’s role yet again. The first schedule of over 52 days will begin in Hyderabad on August 20.
- Sanjay Dutt’s family miffed at people seeking publicity on his name?
- Sanjay Dutt requests Manyata to promote his films?
- Fenil’s Bollywood Talk # 257
- Journalist assaulted during Sanjay Dutt’s journey to TADA court?
- Hrithik Roshan does a no-show for Sanjay Dutt?
- Salman Khan makes a comfort call to Sanjay Dutt’s daughter
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Abhishek Bachchan’s car runs over lensman’s leg outside Sanjay Dutt’s house
- Day before jail: Sanjay Dutt worried about poor loos, pillows and mosquitos?
- Sanjay Dutt breaks into tears at the drop of a hat?