SRK’s friend to release Devgn’s film in Diwali?
The makers of SOS rope in new distributor to counter Khan’s big Diwali release
Prachi Kadam (MUMBAI MIRROR; July 30, 2012)
We told you how the makers of Yash Chopra’s comeback directorial venture, were already busy planning to beat Ajay Devgn at the box office this Diwali. And though, to this newspaper, Devgn stated that he isn’t interested in ‘countering’ anybody, Mirror has learnt, Viacom18 Motion Pictures and the actor’s home banner have decided to hand over the distribution license of Son Of Sardaar to his rival Shah Rukh Khan’s close friend Suni Lulla’s Eros International.
An insider revealed, “Eros has bought the distribution rights of the venture for almost Rs 96 crore. They have one of the strongest distribution networks in the country and Son Of Sardaar will surely get a good release.”
Another source from the trade said, “These days, it is best to let the audience decide which film they want to watch. If producers start blocking theatres, then other films will get into trouble. Devgn’s decision to rope in Eros as the distributor sends across a clear message – that they are ready to face the battle and will do anything to get their film a good opening on Diwali.”
It would now be interesting to see if SRK’s buddy chooses business over friendship.
- Shah Rukh Khan-Salman Khan were shooting in Goa at the same time?
- No Baazigar sequel without Shah Rukh Khan-Ratan Jain
- Ajay Devgn, Kajol planning to buy house in London?
- How the Guide songs helped the film find a distributor
- Sonakshi Sinha-Yaami Gautam in Ajay Devgn-Prabhu Dheva flick?
- Hrithik Roshan does a no-show for Sanjay Dutt?
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Ajay Devgn allows decade-old film Naam with his debut producer to release
- I still get angry even today-Sunny Deol
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away