Acting now is just a hobby-Uday Chopra
Actor talks about moving away from the big screen, being nervous about his upcoming action flick and his recent romantic link-ups
Asira Tarannum (MID-DAY; July 28, 2012)
After his long break from the big screen, Uday Chopra is raring to begin the next franchise of Dhoom, co-starring Abhishek Bachchan and Aamir Khan. In the meanwhile, the actor has just launched his comic book Yomics and speaks to us about his production plans, his nervous anticipation of facing the camera again and recent link-ups with Parineeti Chopra and Nargis Fakhri.
Acting to comics, that’s quite a leap…
I always wanted to do something in the comic space and had been sitting on it from a long time. In fact when I was a kid I used to buy comics in bulk and send them to my friends in UK. Archie comics was one of my favourites besides Richie Rich and Tin Tin. In fact, I only went to my school library to read the comics (laughs).
What are your future plans in this medium?
I want to create a super hero for India which will have no mythological connect. Mythology is not cool anymore. I want to present something that is cool and relatable. The character will be a home-grown Indian.
Are you nervous about sharing screen space with Abhishek Bachchan once again besides Aamir Khan?
Yes, of course I am nervous. But now things have changed for me, my focus has shifted. I have taken a back seat from acting and gone on to production. I will continue acting as a hobby. It’s more fun for me now. Acting is not my career now, but I hope I can deliver my best.
A lot was written about your equation with Parineeti Chopra and then with Nargis Fakhri…
Well, honestly if you ask me it’s always cool for a guy to be linked to good looking girls. For girls however, I know it’s different. They are good friends, but the society takes it in a different way.
So you already have a lady love?
Ummm…I don’t like to talk about my personal life.
We heard you are quite a foodie!
Yes, that’s true! I love sushi. I make sure I go to my favourite sushi restaurant Wasabi once a month. Also whenever I travel, I like picking up Japanese food, as it’s easier to carry. I also like to watch all the cookery shows on TV.
- Medical practitioners’ community need to fix ethics and accountability-Paoli Dam
- Andaz Apna Apna 2 to go on floors?
- Nargis Fakhri to lecture at her New York college
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Abhishek Bachchan’s car runs over lensman’s leg outside Sanjay Dutt’s house
- Next Shootout film to have Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham?
- Check out Aamir Khan-Katrina Kaif shooting for Dhoom 3 climax
- Aamir Khan to join B-Town’s famous games night?
- Timeless beauties who have romanced both father and son
- Shoulder injuries plague Aamir and Shah Rukh