Double meaning not my style-Pooja Bhatt
Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt believes in showing boldness as it is, with no double-meaning and no toilet humour
IANS (MID-DAY; July 24, 2012)
The actress-turned-director is waiting for the release of her erotic thriller ‘Jism 2’, which is perhaps the boldest film from the Bhatt camp.
“An average film is made from a male perspective and designed for a male audience, but I am going to show pure, unadulterated sensuality, designed by adults and for adults,” Pooja told IANS.
“Toilet humour is not my style and what I wish to do. I leave the double-meaning and toilet humour to other filmmakers to do,” she added.
The 40-year-old made her directorial debut in 2004 with John Abraham and Udita Goswami-starrer ‘Paap’, followed by ‘Holiday’, ‘Dhokha’, ‘Kajraa Re’ and now ‘Jism 2’.
Releasing on August 3, the film is a sequel to the 2003 film ‘Jism’, which featured Bipasha Basu. ‘Jism 2’ features Indo-Canadian porn star Sunny Leone with Arunoday Singh and Randeep Hooda.
‘Jism 2’ has recently been passed with an A-certificate by the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC). “It’s an adult film for adult sensibilities. The adult audience is a sizeable number and it is big enough for my film,” Pooja said.
- Pooja Bhatt to auction role for women’s cause
- Is Sunny Leone an A-lister?
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- My daughter would chide me for doing roles like Maharani-Sadashiv Amrapurkar
- Udita Goswami had hit on me first-Mohit Suri
- Kalpana Lajmi to direct film on Bhupen Hazarika
- Romance in Bollywood: From flowers camaflouging kiss to instant ishq wala love
- Meet the newlywed Mr and Mrs Suri
- V.J Sophiya Haque passes away
- My dad wasn’t the demon I imagined him to be-Mahesh Bhatt