Katrina Kaif’s birthday car-naama
Prachi Kadam (BOMBAY TIMES; July 18, 2012)
Wary of how her birthday parties have been hijacked by the temperamental men in her life, Katrina Kaif went decidedly low key this year. The actress, who turned a year older on Monday, worked throughout the day – she was dubbing at the Yash Raj Studios till late in the evening. She cut a cake with the crew of Yash Chopra’s film there. But after reaching home, she headed out for a quiet dinner with the only family she has in Mumbai – Salman Khan’s.
Interestingly, the actress managed to give the paparazzi a slip by riding in her new birthday gift – a sparkling new SUV from Salman.
A source told Mirror, “Katrina came back home from YRF studios to change. And then headed out in the new black car. She spent some time with her friends (mostly assistant directors) and choreographer Bosco in a Bandra restaurant. It was pretty late in the night when she reached Galaxy Apartments, Salman’s residence for a quiet dinner with Salma, Salim and Arpita Khan.”
An eyewitness, who was present outside Galaxy Apartments, confirmed the story and added, “The number plate, 8822, is similar to that of her old car 2882. It was a brand new car so no one really expected Katrina to be in it.”
Incidentally, Salman is a brand ambassador of the car brand in question. And it was only natural that he help Kat upgrade to the higher model.
- Salman Khan makes a comfort call to Sanjay Dutt’s daughter
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Sonakshi reaches event; but doesn’t come out of van due to Kangna?
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- Salman Khan’s Mental to see a change in name?
- Why Salman Khan did a cameo in Shahid Kapoor’s Phata Poster Nikla Hero
- Salman wanted me to become a man-Arjun Kapoor
- Salman Khan adopts 2,500 villages
- Gorgeous Romanian television actress catches Salman Khan’s fancy?
- Salim Khan makes TV debut; turns script consultant for Mahabharat