To see the housefull board feels fantastic!-Abhishek Bachchan
Abhishek Bachchan on success of Bol Bachchan and more…
Parag Maniar (BOMBAY TIMES; July 17, 2012)
Your twin roles in Bol Bachchan have been applauded…
Whenever hard work is appreciated, especially for an actor, it is a morale booster. Working on the film was difficult and took its toll on the team. Thankfully, all the hard work has paid off ! Rohit Shetty and I have been roaming around the theatres during the weekend and to see the ‘housefull’ board even in the second week feels fantastic.
Rohit, Ajay (Devgn) and you came together as a team after nine years. During this period, Rohit and Ajay went on to do several films together. Did you feel the focus would be more on Ajay and not you?
Rohit and Ajay are dear friends of mine and I am a very secure person. If I have agreed to do a film then I don’t think about these things. Ajay has been like an elder brother to me. He is the one who approached me with the film and I knew that he would take care of me. And he did!
What films are you looking forward to now?
I am currently concentrating entirely on Dhoom 3. There’s some extensive physical training that’s required and by that I don’t mean getting ripped muscles. But being in tip-top condition physically as action films are physically demanding and one’s body needs to be conditioned for that.
So we see you clashing with Aamir…
Clashing would be the wrong word though I realise that I am the hero and he is the villain. I don’t intend to clash with him in any way. I am very excited about working with Aamir and intend to sit back and learn from him.
After Paa and Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap, any further plans to produce films?
Of course! With me it’s more a creative decision than a business one. Thankfully, we are not compelled by the financial side of the business that we have to produce so many number films in a year. We have the luxury of making films we believe in. There are three scripts under development and as soon as they are ready we will set the ball rolling.
Abhishek is amazing in the film. And I’m sure he will deliver many more hits. More power to him!
— Karan Johar
I’m very keen to team up with him. He is creating a lot of buzz
— Ekta Kapoor
I have always loved him as an actor and I really think his comic timing is superb
— Farah Khan
- Dhoom 3 to now release a week before Christmas?
- Uday Chopra sends romantic tweets to Nargis Fakhri; later deletes them?
- Shraddha Kapoor turns down ‘veteran’ Abhishek Bachchan?
- Signed Kareena? I’ve never even met her-Umesh Shukla
- Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai: End of a don, and then, a new dawn
- I was scared to ask Vidya to gain 8 kgs-Rajkumar Gupta
- Aamir Khan and wife Kiran Rao go school hunting for Azad
- Abhishek-Kareena bury the past; to work in Umesh Shukla’s next?
- After David Dhawan, now Rumy Jaffrey is out of Chupke Chupke remake?
- Shah Rukh Khan is the only non-South person in Chennai Express