Ameesha Patel finds director for next
Parag Maniar (BOMBAY TIMES; July 12, 2012)
After completing the shoots of her upcoming films, Ameesha Patel has finally allotted dates to Desi Magic — the film by her home banner Amisha Patel Productions. A 30-day schedule has been planned for the film and it is expected to go on floors soon. While the movie has been conceptualised by Ameesha’s good friend and producer Kunal Goomer, we hear that the actress has zeroed in on the director herself.
The film will mark admaker Mehul Atha’s debut as a director. He has shot numerous ads with many top models and also with the likes of Amitabh Bachchan and Priyanka Chopra. The movie, which has all the ingredients of a youthful entertainer, also packs in family values, and will see, for the first time, Ameesha playing two different characters.
A source tells us, “Besides her own double role, Ameesha is looking forward to romancing two heroes on-screen. And the two actors will have important roles in the film. As far as other details go, the movie will be shot extensively in Punjab and London.” Apparently, the music for the movie is currently being worked upon.
When contacted, Goomer told us, “Contrary to the double roles seen so far in films like Seeta Aur Geeta or ChaalBaaz, this one stands completely apart in its portrayal. I have attempted to create Ameesha’s character in just the same way that Rakesh Roshan did in Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai. The dual roles will be in complete contrast — one is that of a sweet Punjabi girl and the other is a sexy hot diva. Both will be challenging for her.”
- I have always worked with amateur actors-Puja Gupta
- John Abraham turns his attention to ad films
- Certain critics have loads of free time to think of me-Ameesha Patel
- Priyanka Chopra goes on a dinner date with John Hamm?
- Sanjay Dutt controls his emotions on the last day of shooting
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- Priyanka to place punching bag in her building; residents peeved?
- How Bobby & not Rocky was pampered rotten on YPD 2 sets
- DJ Aqeel’s Hype club to down shutters?
- Timeless beauties who have romanced both father and son