Check out John Abraham as Manya Surve
Mirror gets you an exclusive picture of the actors fiercely guarded look in Sanjay Guptas Shootout At Wadala
Mehul S Thakkar (MUMBAI MIRROR; July 12, 2012)
It was way past midnight (around 3 am). And in the dingy bylanes of Dongri around a chawl where Dawood Ibrahim was born, Sanjay Gupta, John Abraham, Tusshar Kapoor and the team of Shootout At Wadala were hard at work. Despite tight security and cops at guard, Mirror chanced upon the shoot that the filmmaker had been trying hard to keep under wraps. We bring you an exclusive picture of the newest Manya Surve on the block John Abraham.
Rugged, tall and angry, that’s how the gangster Manya Surve had been portrayed by first Amitabh Bachchan (Agneepath,1990) and later Hrithik Roshan (Agneepath remake, 2012) in Hindi cinema so far. John, we noticed was no different.
Sporting a black shirt, an angry frown and a teeka on his forehead, Sanjay’s Surve was every bit the terrifying gangster. With John, was Tusshar Kapoor, who plays Surve’s aide Sheikh Munir in the film. Interestingly, it is Munir who was instrumental in turning Surve into the angry vengeful gangster.
Tusshar was driving an open jeep really fast through the narrow lanes of Dongri. He suddenly comes to a halt in front of Dawood’s house. It looked like a rather stylish entry, said an eyewitness.
Dawood’s real home has been transformed into the reel Dawood’s residence in Gupta’s film. John,who was sitting in the passenger seat with Tusshar stood up when the car stopped. He started yelling, “Aye Dawood, neeche aa. Andar chhupke kya kar raha hai? Neeche aa!” And then is when the director called for a cut,” added the eyewitness.
The scene was an important one.And even at 3 am, a lot of people gathered to catch a glimpse of the actors. The location was very well guarded. And even the crowd was cooperative. “John did some three or four takes before the director, who was sitting in front o a monitor, okayed it,” said the eyewitness.
- The Censor Board’s guidelines for gaalis in movies
- John Abraham turns his attention to ad films
- In Ekta’s absence, Tusshar plays perfect host at Shootout success party
- Buying luxury cars to celebrate film success latest fad in Bollywood?
- Is Sunny Leone an A-lister?
- Next Shootout film to have Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham?
- Ajay offers support to Ekta and her Eid release OUATIM 2?
- Priyanka Chopra buries the hatchet with Prakash Jaju?
- Check out Priyanka Chopra’s hot item song in Zanjeer 2.0
- The audience doesn’t care if an actor is related to the producer-Tusshar