Why do I need an item song-Asin
Aakansha Naval-Shetye (DNA; July 9, 2012)
Actor Asin is one of the few actors in Bollywood, who is yet to do an item number. Ask the actor about it and she says that though not averse to doing such songs, she just doesn’t feel the need to succumb to the pressure of doing it. “First of all, I just don’t like that word. ‘Item’ is so derogatory, as if the actor is some commodity. And secondly, I don’t understand why an actor has to do any such song to add to the popularity. Will I be any less of an actor or more if I dance on any special song? I am not saying that I am averse to doing any such song, but I don’t see why I need to do one either?” quips Asin.
The actor, who was last seen opting for a rather hot western avatar in Housefull 2, has now donned a desi avatar in her recent release Bol Bachchan. Point it out and Asin reveals that it’s not just the outfits, it’s even fun doing roles that are so varied from each other. “That’s the best part of our jobs I think, you get to be so many different people,” she says. But ask her what she thinks is sexier and Asin is quick to reply, “Both!” Elaborating further, she adds, “Even eyes can make you look sexy, so I don’t think that being sexy has anything to do with clothes at all. They may up the sexy quotient or reduce it, but they alone can’t make a person sexy. Skin show doesn’t always add to a person’s sex appeal, so I think Indian or western outfits, it all depends on how confidently you wear them and the attitude.”
While the actor’s quite clear about her own sexy attitude, we ask Asin about her attitude towards competition in films. “Yes, there’s immense competition if you look at it like a race and none at all, if you are looking at your own growth as an actor alone. But frankly, I’ve never let these numbers affect me. I didn’t let the success of my three 100 crore films get to my head and I’m not going to let any of the failures get to my heart. That’s how I’ve always lived and that’s how it will always be,” smiles Asin.
- Tracing Vindoo Dara Singh’s journey towards notoriety
- Shazahn Padamsee bags Telugu remake of Bol Bachchan
- Race 2 for me is a step higher-Jacqueline Fernandez
- Eros International: A mix of masala movies and new-age cinema
- My daughter is my best critic-Ajay Devgn
- Box Office India’s list of Top Blockbusters & Hits Of 2012
- The 100 crore directors of 2012
- I would easily take a bullet for my family-Jacqueline Fernandez
- After successful 2012, Himesh confident of a great 2013
- Birthday boy John Abraham wants an action-packed 2013