Aamir gives ‘DK Bose’ for free to Bol Bachchan makers
Aamir Khan gave the rights of his ‘Delhi Belly’ track for free for Rohit Shetty’s film ‘Bol Bachchan’
Shaheen Parkar (MID-DAY; July 9, 2012)
Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan’s Bol Bachchan begins with a ‘Thank You Aamir Khan’ credit. In case if you are wondering what is Mr Perfectionist’s contribution to a Rohit Shetty film no less, here is the answer…
The action comedy has the track Bhaag D K Bose from Aamir’s production Delhi Belly. The makers were keen to include the song as they felt it was perfect for a musical sequence filmed on Abhishek.
Says a source, “They were told that Aamir holds the rights for the song. When the star was approached, he gave his consent immediately. But when the talk veered towards monetary compensation, he refused to be compensated for it.”
Adds the source, “The copyright of the songs are usually held by music companies from which permission is taken before they are used. Otherwise there is a copyright infringement issue. For every song utilised, a royalty has to be given to them. But in Aamir’s case as the rights are with him, the royalty goes to him.”
Rohit and Ajay were happy that Aamir willingly gave the right to use the song and refused to accept any royalty for it. The film’s spokesperson confirmed that Aamir did not charge anything and the makers are thankful to him.
- Andaz Apna Apna 2 to go on floors?
- Ajay Devgn, Kajol planning to buy house in London?
- Sonakshi Sinha-Yaami Gautam in Ajay Devgn-Prabhu Dheva flick?
- Hrithik Roshan does a no-show for Sanjay Dutt?
- Directors who got second chance post forgettable debut
- The cuss words in Go Goa Gone were heartfelt-Kunal Khemu
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Abhishek Bachchan’s car runs over lensman’s leg outside Sanjay Dutt’s house
- Shabana Azmi gets into fight with Ishq Ki Maa Ki lyricist
- Ajay Devgn allows decade-old film Naam with his debut producer to release