Sanjay Dutt to portray baddie in Bejoy Nambiar’s next?
Sanju signs up for yet another villainous role; pockets Rs 10 crore
Kunal M Shah (June 30, 2012)
After playing Kancha Cheena in Karan Johar’s Agneepath, Sanjay Dutt seems to be on a roll, getting offers to play other villainous characters as well. Now for Bejoy Nambiar’s next film, starring Shahid Kapoor in the lead, Sanjay Dutt has been added to the cast in a negative role. Apparently the star will be paid Rs 10 crore for the role.
A source informs, “Bejoy is currently busy with his new film, which stars Vikram, Tabu and Neil Nitin Mukesh. Once he is done with the film, he will start shooting his next that is yet untitled. Bejoy is known to make edgy films and the lead antagonist was one of the most vital characters in the film. After much debate, Bejoy thought of Sanjay Dutt for the role and met him a fortnight back.” Dutt apparently loved the character and has already given him a go ahead. The necessary formalities are said to being worked out at the moment.
The source furthers said, “Bejoy is guarding the film close to his heart. He has not even revealed the genre of the film to anyone.” Sanjay Dutt and Bejoy Nambiar remained unavailable for comment.
- Fenil’s Bollywood Talk # 257
- Aamir Khan, Salman Khan in a cameo in Phata Poster Nikhla Hero?
- I was never taken seriously as an actor-Rishi Kapoor
- Danny Denzongpa to make comeback with Hrithik Roshan-starrer Shuddhi?
- I was tense about putting my hand around Madhuri’s waist-Ranbir Kapoor
- Ranbir Kapoor is the only one competing with big boys-Ranveer Singh
- Journalist assaulted during Sanjay Dutt’s journey to TADA court?
- Hrithik Roshan does a no-show for Sanjay Dutt?
- I have always worked with amateur actors-Puja Gupta
- Salman Khan makes a comfort call to Sanjay Dutt’s daughter