Kareena Kapoor to wear Sharmila’s sharara on D-day?
Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; June 27, 2012)
Kareena Kapoor has chosen tradition over trend. For her big day on October 16 this year, the actress could have donned a special outfit designed by any of her many friends in the fashion and film world, but she will sport the sharara her mother-in-law Sharmila had worn when she married Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi on December 27, 1969.
Explaining the reason behind Kareena’s decision, a friend of the actress told Mirror, “There was talk of Kareena draping a new saree but then, this is the custom in the Pataudi family and it is generally followed. Kareena had no issues when she was told about it. She and Sharmila bond very well.”
However, there is a possibility of a few modifications to the sharara to make it look a tad contemporary and buzz is, fashion designer Ritu Kumar, who has a long-standing relationship with Sharmila, will do the needful.
But Kareena’s friend added, “There is also a possibility she may wear the sharara without any changes whatsoever. Kareena and Sharmila have had discussions on this. A final call will be taken soon. The interesting part being Kareena will be seen in Sharmila’s sharara at the biggest moment of her life.” The wedding is likely to be held at the family’s ancestral home in Pataudi. “The preparations have started which includes readying Kareena and Saif’s outfits,” the friend said. It is learnt Kareena’s favourite designer Manish Malhotra will also join in to fashion her other outfits for all the celebrations through the wedding.
Saif and Kareena remained unavailable for comment.
—With inputs by Subhash K Jha
- Kareena-Lovely drift apart due to misunderstandings created by common friends?
- Kareena Kapoor refuses to do Zoya’s film without Ranbir Kapoor?
- Ajay Devgn-Kareena Kapoor in Shabina Khan’s next?
- Kareena refuses body double for a stunt; gets injured
- Kareena Kapoor excited about her role in Zoya Akhtar’s next?
- Ajay Devgn packs up from Bhopal
- Check out Imran-Kareena’s tightrope walk on sets of GTPM
- Kareena Kapoor to play Ranveer Singh’s sister in Zoya Akhtar’s next?
- Ameesha Patel is all set for Cannes outing
- Check out Kareena Kapoor flaunting sexy bikini tan