Akshay Kumar under the weather
A crammed schedule, a soon- to- arrive baby, living out of a suitcase and pa- in- law’s ill health — is it all taking a toll on Akshay Kumar?
Kunal M Shah (MID-DAY; June 27, 2012)
Akshay Kumar has been under the weather since the past two weeks. The actor known for his fitness and disciplined life has been suffering from a viral infection and probably for the first time in his 20-year-old career, he had to cancel the shoot of a film, Khiladi 786, which is his co-production with Himesh Reshammiya.
Not so lucky
However, he just couldn’t take time off from his other home production OMG Oh My God, starring Paresh Rawal, as it wasn’t possible to change the busy veteran actor’s dates. With his Bollywood timetable looking pretty crammed and his father-in-law Rajesh Khanna seriously ill, it looks like Akki’s is having a sort of a crisis in his life right now.
A friend of Akshay said, “Thankfully for Akshay, he lives a very disciplined life. He gives utmost importance to his diet and his workout secessions or else the kind of crazy work he does, it would have affected his health. Akshay is probably the only superstar who has as many as four to five releases every year.”
In fact, word is that Abhishek Bachchan went over to Mehboob Studios recently to meet Akshay after he heard his buddy was unwell. In fact, Akshay was even seen carrying relief balm in his hands at a party.
Too many commitments?
The friend adds, “Akshay will be heading to Singapore soon for a couple of shows and to shoot an ad film. After that, he will finally take three days off with his family. He is also looking to shift back to his newly renovated house from the five-star hotel he has been staying in for the time being. Plus, also the promotional plans around his film Joker with Shirish Kunder remains to be chalked out.”
Akshay’s father-in-law Rajesh Khanna too has been seriously ill over the past few months, and recently had to be hospitalised. While Akki and his wife Twinkle have been at Khanna’s bedside, there is a chance that all this is taking a toll on the actor’s health. Also, Akki and Twinkle are expecting their second child in September.
On the anvil
Our source adds, “Akshay will be starting two more films this year, which includes the much-hyped sequel of Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai and AR Murugadoss’s Tamil remake.” Our advice to you Akshay — it’s time to spend some me-time!
- Tracing Vindoo Dara Singh’s journey towards notoriety
- Is Sonakshi Sinha Akshay Kumar’s most preferred heroine?
- Makers of Shaukeen remake yet to find Mithun Chakraborthy’s replacement?
- 100 years of Indian Cinema: Signature moves that define magic of Bollywood
- OMG Oh My God: The script that changed my world-Ashvini Yardi
- Shortcut Romeo to premiere at the Cannes Film Festival
- Rajesh Khanna’s last film to release on his 1st death anniversary
- Akshay Kumar and OUATIM 2 team play mock quiz on Kolkata flight
- Sonakshi in bro Luv Sinha’s film; OMG director to helm
- Paresh Rawal in Renuka Shahane’s Hindi directorial debut