Bipasha Basu refuses to go bold for Raaz 3?
Sayantan Dalal (DNA; June 23, 2012)
Everyone is waiting for the return of actor Bipasha Basu in filmmaker Vikram Bhatt’s horror flick Raaz 3. The actor, who originally did the first part of Raaz in 2002, is all set to scorch the screen again. After a lot of reported controversies, the actor had agreed to do the film and has been busy shooting for it for the past few months. But the buzz is that in spite of doing bold scenes in the film, she has now refused to be a part of the bold promotional campaign.
A source reveals, “Director Vikram Bhatt, as well as the producers of the film, had planned a bold promotional campaign in the film. The campaign required Bipasha to shoot for some extremely bold pictures. But when Bips heard of it, she apparently put her foot down and refused to be a part of it. So, now the producers are left with no choice, but to look out for a body double to shoot for the campaign. It’s adding tothe pressure of meeting the deadline as well. ”
An insider confirms, “Yes, Vikram is searching for someone, who will be used as the body double for Bipasha to pose for the bold pictures.” On further prodding, the insider also says, “Yes, Bipasha backed out saying that she is ‘too legendary’ to do such things anymore. So, now the producers are left with no option but to look for an alternative.” If one recalls, Bipasha caught everyone’s eye after doing bold scenes in Jism.
When contacted about the bold promotional campaign, filmmaker Vikram Bhatt said, “We haven’t started any promotional things as yet, so I don’t know what you are talking about.” Despite, repeated attempts Bipasha was unavailable, her representative told DNA that she was travelling.
Of late, it does seem like Bipasha is turning out to be controversy’s favourite child, especially with stories doing the rounds of her fallout with her mentors, the Bhatts, later her apparent refusal to pair opposite actor Emraan Hashmi and the speculation over the men she may be dating, following her break-up with actor John Abraham.
- Medical practitioners’ community need to fix ethics and accountability-Paoli Dam
- Emraan to let go of Bhatt film to accomodate a Balaji film?
- Making movies is like playing cricket-Vikram Bhatt
- Bipasha hooked to new fitness trend; starts prep for Creature
- 100 years of Indian Cinema: Mahesh Bhatt on 18 great filmmakers
- Bipasha Basu to foray into Bhojpuri cinema?
- 1920 part 3 delayed; Meerra Chopra to now debut with Gang Of Ghosts
- Udita Goswami had hit on me first-Mohit Suri
- Imran Abbas out of Boss but bags Vikram Bhatt’s Creature
- Paoli Dam enjoys company of Bong wives of his co-actors