Rajesh Khanna makes public appearance; reassures fans
Rajesh Khanna steps out into the balcony of his iconic bungalow to reassure his fans
MUMBAI MIRROR (June 22, 2012)
Reports that former matinee idol Rajesh Khanna’s health may have worsened have whipped up a frenzy of sorts on television and the Internet, not to mention the mad rush of fans and media persons waiting outside the superstar’s bungalow Aashirwad.
Hence, it was heartening to see ‘the original superstar of Hindi cinema’ step out into his balcony, along with estranged wife Dimple Kapadia and sonin-law Akshay Kumar, to greet the crowds. And while the actor looked weak and frail; a mere shadow of his former self, the victory sign he flashed was perhaps a reassurance that he is better now.
On June 20, we had told you how Khanna had stopped eating and was being attended by doctors every day, and how his family has been by his side throughout. With 15 consecutive super hits in the late sixties and early seventies, Rajesh Khanna earned the distinction of being the ‘first superstar’ of the Hindi film industry. Recently, he appeared in a television commercial shot by adman-turned-filmmaker R Balki.
- Truck runs over Akshay Kumar’s foot; rushed to hospital
- Check out Akshay-Imran dubbing for Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Again
- Is Sonakshi Sinha Akshay Kumar’s most preferred heroine?
- Dhadkan 2 in the making
- Akshay Kumar-Sonu Sood bonding on the sets of Entertainment?
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- Akshay Kumar to play Mithun Chakraborty’s role in Shaukeen remake?
- Timeless beauties who have romanced both father and son
- Ajay offers support to Ekta and her Eid release OUATIM 2?
- Bollywood goes Yamla Pagla Deewana