My responsibility towards audience has increased-Nawazuddin
IANS (MID-DAY; June 19, 2012)
Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who has won accolades for his performance in the recent films “Kahaani” and “Paan Singh Tomar”, says he never expected to come this far. “Earlier, people took me for one scene or so but now filmmakers have started taking me more seriously. Also, my responsibility towards my audience has increased. I have to now live up to the expectations and not take up films for the greed of money,” Nawazuddin Siddiqui told PTI. “I have to be careful.
I can feel the pressure. But I will continue to work hard. I feel I am getting my due now. We have a set of audience who really like our movies a lot. There is demand for our kind of cinema. Cinema is improving and there is experimentation,” he added.
From a small village in Muzaffarnagar district in Uttar Pradesh to the Bollywood, Siddiqui has had quite a journey. “I never expected I would reach this far. I have always focused on my work irrespective of what the outcome would be.
I never thought that I would be awarded best actor at the New York India Film Festival. But I have struggled a lot.” He will be seen in Anurag Kashyap’s soon-to-release “Gangs of Wasseypur”.
After that he has as many as nine films lined up for the release, including Aamir Khan starrer “Talaash”, “Lunch Box” alongside Irrfan Khan, “Dekh Indian Circus”, “Patang”, “Liar Dice” and “Chittagong”.
- Tigmanshu Dhulia unleashes the singer-composer in him at a bash
- Shabana Azmi gets into fight with Ishq Ki Maa Ki lyricist
- Check out Aamir Khan-Katrina Kaif shooting for Dhoom 3 climax
- Aamir Khan to join B-Town’s famous games night?
- Anurag Kashyap: The Indian face of Cannes
- Shoulder injuries plague Aamir and Shah Rukh
- Pesticide bizman accuses guest on Aamir’s show of fraud; demands apology from both
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui to repeat his black suit at Cannes
- Sanjay Dutt hurt by Aamir Khan’s statement about P.K.?
- Aamir Khan lets Shah Rukh Khan enjoy the spotlight?