Anurag Kashyap buys his first car
IANS (MID-DAY; June 18, 2012)
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap has bought a car for himself for the first time. “So got my first vehicle that I bought myself, a Mahindra XUV, super and 100 percent Indian. Proud,” Kashyap tweeted.
The filmmaker, who is known for making critically acclaimed movies like “Dev D”, “Gulaal” and “Udaan”, reveals it took him nearly two decades to buy his own vehicle. ”It has taken 20 years to be able to buy my first vehicle, had to be an Indian brand,” he posted.
Meanwhile, Kashyap is looking forward to the release of his new film “Gangs of Wasseypur”, which is about the coal and scrap trade mafia in Wasseypur in Jharkhand. The film releases June 22. It features an ensemble cast including Jaideep Ahlawat, Manoj Bajpai, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Richa Chadda.
“Gangs of Wasseypur” was screened at the 2012 Directors’ Fortnight, an independently-curated, non-competitive event at the 65th Cannes International Film Festival.
- As a kid, I thought Nargisji was my grandmother-Ranbir Kapoor
- Shabana Azmi gets into fight with Ishq Ki Maa Ki lyricist
- Anurag Kashyap: The Indian face of Cannes
- Shahid is my proudest accomplishment so far-Raj Kumar Yadav
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui to repeat his black suit at Cannes
- Karan Johar is quite eccentric once you get to know him-Zoya Akhtar
- 100 years of Indian Cinema: Mahesh Bhatt on 18 great filmmakers
- Alia Bhatt to play young Tejaswini Kolhapure in Anurag Kashyap’s Ugly?
- Sunny Leone delivered her Hindi dialogues in a single take-Manoj Bajpayee
- Aspiring writer claims Kashyap’s Bombay Talkies story is his