Akshay Kumar leaps from 45 feet without any harness
Kunal M Shah (MID-DAY; June 19, 2012)
Akshay Kumar performed a stunt without any safety equipment for his upcoming film ‘Khiladi 786′
Although a cable and harness were organised for the scene, the actor decided to let go the safety measures with only mattresses and cardboad boxes to cushion his fall on the ground. An eye-witness from the unit says, “The shot was picturised on Tuesday evening at Madh Island. Akshay Kumar is known for performing his own stunt sequences. However for Khiladi 786, his new co-production venture with Himesh Reshammiya, the Khiladi decided to jump from a height of about 45 feet. The production unit and stunt director Jai Singh insisted that Akshay use a cable wire but he refused. The entire unit got together to watch Akshay’s stunt scene and were amazed at his decision to do it without any duplicate or safety measures. The scene had Akshay jump from the balcony of a bungalow to come face-to-face with co-star Asin. While the entire unit clapped on the one-take shot, the actress was stunned by the Khiladi’s act and could not stop complimenting Akshay on the shot.”
- Injured Akshay takes rest for a day; back on sets of Thupakki
- Tracing Vindoo Dara Singh’s journey towards notoriety
- What I like about my father is how much he loves my mother-Sonam Kapoor
- Akshay Kumar lip-syncs to Honey Singh’s voice in Boss
- Truck runs over Akshay Kumar’s foot; rushed to hospital
- Check out Akshay-Imran dubbing for Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Again
- Is Sonakshi Sinha Akshay Kumar’s most preferred heroine?
- Dhadkan 2 in the making
- Akshay Kumar-Sonu Sood bonding on the sets of Entertainment?
- Akshay Kumar to play Mithun Chakraborty’s role in Shaukeen remake?