Riteish Deshmukh makes a debut in Marathi
Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; June 16, 2012)
Riteish Deshmukh’s plans to start his own production house have finally materialised. The actor will flag off his new business with a Marathi film that will be directed by acclaimed filmmaker Ravi Jadhav of Natrang (2010) fame. Riteish will also essay a pivotal role in the production.
According to an insider, Riteish had several meetings with Ravi. “They discussed the project at length. In fact, Riteish has two scripts in hand now – one a masala entertainer and the other a serious social drama. Whichever works out first will go on floors, ” said the insider. “Riteish had been toying with the idea of launching his own production house even before he tied the knot. He has good business acumen and wanted to explore this aspect of filmmaking. He has taken it up as a challenge,” said a friend of the actor.
Riteish’s Marathi heritage has influenced the actor’s decision to make a Marathi film first. “He wanted to give something back to his community. Moreover, making a Marathi film seems to be a safer bet than a Bollywood venture. Especially with a director like Ravi on board,” said the friend.
The project is expected to go on floor by January 2013. Riteish was unavailable for comment.
- Shah Rukh Khan shoots music video for Shekhar Ravjiani’s Marathi single
- SRK gets steady stream of filmy visitors at Mannat as he recuperates
- Jiah Khan laid to rest amidst tears
- Last call to Jiah Khan was reportedly from Aditya Pancholi’s son Suraj
- Sajid Khan replaces Jacqueline Fernandez with Esha Gupta?
- Genelia Dsouza turns dabbawali on sets of Grand Masti
- Now, a biopic on India’s first Olympic winner
- Marathi filmmakers unhappy with the U/A tag
- Riteish Deshmukh ready with Bigg Boss in Marathi
- Riteish Deshmukh gearing up for a political career?