Salman Khan to play Hanuman?
MUMBAI MIRROR (June 15, 2012)
Maybe it’s pure coincidence that the actor chooses to remain a bachelor offscreen as well. But we hear Salman Khan is Uru Patel’s actor of choice when it comes to playing Lord Hanuman in the producer’s modern-day re-telling of the epic Ramayana that he plans to put on floors next year.
Salman Khan will be Uru’s contemporary Hanuman, a super hero who can fly over mountains and skyscrapers to rescue Sita from the evil present-day Ravana. A source close to the project revealed the role had initially been offered to Aamir Khan but “somehow, things did not materialise.”
Word is Uru is keen on Hollywood stars Keanu Reeves and Gary Oldman portraying Rama and Ravana, respectively. And while Shilpa Shetty was to essay the role of Sita, the actress opted out after the stork came visiting her. The latest being the hunt is on for a fresh international face to play Sita. Uru’s Ramayana, incidentally his brother Raju’s (late brother-in-law of Kumar Gaurav) dream, will see all the epic characters being reborn in 2012-13 New York.
“Uru wants to turn that dream into reality. Salman has shown interest. Things are being worked out but it’s not going to be easy putting the film together. The cost is going to be astronomical as well,” said the source.
- Salman Khan to marry Romanian TV anchor?
- Check out Salman Khan shooting for action-packed ad
- Medical practitioners’ community need to fix ethics and accountability-Paoli Dam
- Shah Rukh Khan-Salman Khan were shooting in Goa at the same time?
- Andaz Apna Apna 2 to go on floors?
- Salman Khan makes a comfort call to Sanjay Dutt’s daughter
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Sonakshi reaches event; but doesn’t come out of van due to Kangna?
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- Check out Aamir Khan-Katrina Kaif shooting for Dhoom 3 climax