Pooja should dub for Sunny Leone-Mahesh Bhatt
Mahesh Bhatt wants his daughter to dub for the actress, whose firang accent is difficult to conceal
Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; June 15, 2012)
Mahesh Bhatt may have found her the perfect fit for his erotic-thriller. But adult-film-star Sunny Leone’s diction does not exactly fit the bill. With Jism 2 just six weeks away from release Leone’s difficulty with Hindi, has forced the filmmakers to do a quick rethink – producer Pooja Bhatt will now lend her voice to Leone’s character.
A source close to the film revealed, “Leone does not know Hindi adequately. Naturally, she will have difficulty in dubbing. Moreover, she has a typical foreign accent that makes it imperative for a desi dubbing artiste to speak up for her.”
While Pooja wasn’t available for comment, dad Mahesh Bhatt confirmed the news and added, “I suggested to Pooja that she should dub for Leone. In fact, I told her a few days ago. Pooja is expected to reach Mumbai in a few hours. Let’s see how things pan out.”
Considering the sexually explicit content of the sequel, was Mahesh scouting for a voice that could fit Leone’s image and character? Bhatt Sr replied nonchalantly, “Not really. But yes, there is something extra to Leone’s character in Jism 2, which I felt Pooja could bring out the best.”
- Pretty Young Things from Pakistan not in demand in Bollywood?
- The Censor Board’s guidelines for gaalis in movies
- Hrithik Roshan does a no-show for Sanjay Dutt?
- Wondered how Sanju would cope with brutal world he was about to enter-Mahesh Bhatt
- Salman Khan makes a comfort call to Sanjay Dutt’s daughter
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Soon watch films on your computer/phone/iPad one day before release
- Sanjay Dutt breaks into tears at the drop of a hat?
- Is Sunny Leone an A-lister?
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away