Fat is not sexy-Kareena Kapoor
Kareena Kapoor says that such a trend may be popular with some actresses, but she definitely doesn’t want to look plump
Upala KBR (BOMBAY TIMES; June 15, 2012)
While actresses like Vidya Balan and Sonakshi Sinha are known for their curves, Kareena Kapoor believes that being big is uncool. She has been on a strict diet for over a month to look lean and sexy for a song she’s shooting for an upcoming film.
Says Bebo, “I have gone back to the size-zero look I had in Tashan, but this time it is curvier. I wanted this body for my item song. Since it is a rigorous and raunchy number, I decided to go for a slim and sexy look but I still have curves in the right places. It may be a trend now with some actresses, but I definitely don’t want to look plump or fat!”
Vidya and Sonakshi aren’t just comfortable with their curves, they’re calling it sexy. Bebo retorts, “Being fat is not sexy! Anyone who says that is talking crap. Voluptuous is sexy, but fat is out. Any woman who says she doesn’t want to be thin is talking nonsense. It’s every girl’s dream.”
Kareena’s dietician Rujuta Diwekar has developed a challenging diet for the actress. Says Kapoor, “The key to a sexy figure is a great diet, combined with the right exercise. Rujuta combines fat and protein, and tells me to eat everything in moderation, every two hours. She keeps changing my diet so that my body doesn’t get bored. I recently went to Turkey for eight days and it was more like a health trip. I was training twice a day and was on a strict diet! I ate salads, hummus with pita bread, strawberries and olives. For dinner, I had an Indian cook make daal, rice and sabzi.”
It isn’t about diets only. The actress says, “I did my regular yoga there, too. I do 40 minutes of asanas and 50 surya namaskars.”
She has a word of advice for people who go on crash diets like the no-carb diets. “How long can you do without carbohydrates? Someday, you will have potato or rice.”
How does Saif like the new Kareena? He’s always maintained that he likes curves on his ladylove. Says Bebo, “He appreciates the fact that I love the challenge of disciplining myself for a role and how I go about doing it. He gives me the encouragement I need.”
- Saif making travel plans for Kareena’s birthday in September?
- Siddhartha Jain to get authentic sex toys for Saxxxkidukaan.com
- Check out some of the best Bollywood star pictures of Jagdish Mali
- Directors who got second chance post forgettable debut
- Kareena-Lovely drift apart due to misunderstandings created by common friends?
- Saif Ali Khan would love to see daughter Sara on the screen?
- Raj-DK to initiate campaign for aesthetic no-smoking short films
- Kareena Kapoor refuses to do Zoya’s film without Ranbir Kapoor?
- Not here to set an example for society-Kunal Khemu
- We don’t talk about change, we are the change-Siddhartha M Jain