Big B attends Ram Charan Teja’s wedding
P Pavan & Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; June 15, 2012)
In a star studded function held at Temple Tree resort in Moinabad, Chiranjeevi’s 27-year-old son Ram Charan Teja, who is all set to make his Bollywood debut with the remake of Zanjeer, tied the knot with his childhood sweetheart Upasana Kamineni, granddaughter of Prathap C Reddy, the chairman of a leading hospital and lifecare chain, on Thursday.
A few hours after the wedding, Ram Charan told Mirror, “It’s been one hectic morning for me. That I am married now is yet to sink in. All I can tell you at the moment is, it’s been the best experience of my life.”
Mirror learnt that a rather busy Amitabh Bachchan took time off from his Kaun Banega Crorepati shoot to attend the wedding. He flew to Hyderabad for the wedding at 9 am in a private jet and flew back at 3 pm. Though Kamal Haasan couldn’t be a part of the celebrations, it was one of those rare occasions when superstars Rajinikanth, Chiranjeevi and the Big B came together. Boney Kapoor and Sridevi along with Shriya Saran and Rana Daggubatti were there to bless the couple as well.
Curiously no one from Ram Charan’s Zanjeer team showed up at the wedding. Apparently director Apoorva Lakhia had a family engagement, so they all stayed away. Leading lady Priyanka Chopra busy promoting her other film, sent a handpicked gift for the couple.
When contacted. Lakhia said, “But we’re all leaving for Hyderabad very shortly with our gifts. There’s at least three days of festivity and at least seven functions to attend.”
Though the formal wedding took place on Thursday, the couple will be ‘marrying’ again on Friday for Ram Charan’s fans. A special lunch will also be hosted.
On the other hand, Chiranjeevi, who is also the Rajya Sabha member, hosted a reception for 7000 guests at the Hyderabad International Convention Center.
- Why Sanjay Leela Bhansali is being cautious with Mary Kom biopic
- I wanted to get married to him-Neha Sharma
- After two big cats, Priyanka Chopra adopts a lion cub
- CBFC students to now have a chapter on Priyanka Chopra
- Check out some of the best Bollywood star pictures of Jagdish Mali
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Priyanka Chopra goes on a dinner date with John Hamm?
- Sanjay Dutt controls his emotions on the last day of shooting
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- Priyanka to place punching bag in her building; residents peeved?