Abhinav pips Anurag in race to work with Ranbir?
Mehul S Thakkar (MUMBAI MIRROR; June 12, 2012)
Brothers Anurag and Abhinav Kashyap had wanted the same man to be their hero – Ranbir Kapoor. In fact, we told you how the actor had read both the scripts – Bombay Velvet and Project18 – and approved them. However, the brothers Kashyap had to await Ranbir’s decision to begin their ventures. And Mirror has found out that Abhinav has finally won the race.
A source close to the actor revealed how the filmmaker siblings had left it to the actor to decide which film he would like to start working on first. “Ranbir had informed both Anurag and Abhinav that he would start work with whoever presents him with the final script at the earliest,” added the source.
And it was Abhinav who was the first to produce a bound script. “Ranbir was more than happy to green flag the project. He will work with Anurag also. But that film, Bombay Velvet will now go on floors only next year,” said the source.
Abhinav’s venture will go on floors by the end of this year. The film that was tentatively titled Project 18 will now be called Besharm. As for the female lead, the filmmaker is busy talking to Alia Bhatt and Parineeti Chopra, we learnt. Ranbir will play a thief who steals the heroine’s car.
- In the midst of YJHD promotions, Ranbir Kapoor undergoes surgery
- Ranbir Kapoor in Awara remake?
- Shah Rukh Khan’s bodyguard hired for Ranbir Kapoor?
- Why Bombay Velvet changed hands from Viacom to Fox
- I’ll be the godfather of Deepika Padukone’s child-Ranbir Kapoor
- Ranbir Kapoor finds a new buddy in Jaaved Jaaferi’s son
- Something’s brewing between Alia-Varun; Shraddha-Aditya?
- The Censor Board’s guidelines for gaalis in movies
- Madhubala’s family may stall Kishore Kumar biopic?
- I was never taken seriously as an actor-Rishi Kapoor