11 crore for Imran Khan?
Here’s looking at who else is asking for double digit salaries…
Meena Iyer (BOMBAY TIMES; June 12, 2012)
We all know that blood is thicker than water. Aamir Khan did for his nephew Imran Khan what no other filmmaker would have done — he gave him two superhits like Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na and Delhi Belly. Not only has Aamir kept Imran in circulation, he has even been his guiding light.
Today, Imran is juggling two roles. One as a mainstream actor, and the other as the posterboy of alternate cinema. On one hand, he has movies with directors like Milan Luthria (The Dirty Picture) and Punit Malhotra (I Hate Luv Storys), and on the other he is working with Vishal Bhardwaj (Saat Khoon Maaf) and Tigmanshu Dhulia (Paan Singh Tomar). The worthwhile piece of information to grab here is the strong rumour that Imran has actually been paid in double digits for his role as a young mafia don in the sequel to Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai. Says our source, “This time, Imran will get the girl (Sonakshi Sinha is paired with him and not Akshay Kumar) and also a double digit salary. The rumoured figure is 11 crore!”
When contacted, Imran and his spokespersons refrained from giving a statement. Incidentally another young actor in the double digit salary bracket is Imran’s contemporary and closest rival, Ranbir Kapoor. He has reportedly started asking for 23 crore. However, it is not known whether he is being paid so handsomely or not.
This price hike has happened post Rockstar, a film Ranbir carried ably on his shoulders. Besides these two young turks, others actors getting paid double digit salaries are the three Khans — Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh — Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgn and Hrithik Roshan.
A trade analyst says, “There aren’t exact figures available on what the Khans, Akki and Ajay are charging, because all of them have a salary-plus-profit sharing arrangement with filmmakers and corporations.” It is said that if an attempt is made to segregate, then the salaries of the three big Khans and Akki should be in the 25 crore-plus bracket, with either a 33 per cent or 50 per cent profit sharing depending on individual contracts drawn up for each project.
Hrithik and his father Rakesh Roshan have a mammoth stake in Krrish 3, just like they had in Kites. “Post Agneepath, one of 2012’s biggest hits yet and a film that had the highest opening day collections in Bollywood history, Duggu’s asking price has gone through the roof.”
- Sonakshi Sinha-Yaami Gautam in Ajay Devgn-Prabhu Dheva flick?
- Prateik Babbar demands 1 cr for Milan Talkies; replaced by Imran Khan?
- Hrithik Roshan does a no-show for Sanjay Dutt?
- Curse of Hamlet: Hrithik had tried to do the film thrice but failed each time?
- Directors who got second chance post forgettable debut
- The cuss words in Go Goa Gone were heartfelt-Kunal Khemu
- Tigmanshu Dhulia unleashes the singer-composer in him at a bash
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Shabana Azmi gets into fight with Ishq Ki Maa Ki lyricist
- Ajay Devgn allows decade-old film Naam with his debut producer to release