John Abraham delays I Me Aur Main?
Apparently, the actor wants his more massy masala movies to release on a priority basis
Hiren Kotwani (BOMBAY TIMES; June 7, 2012)
It doesn’t matter that his film on the Manya Surve encounter, Shootout At Wadala, is due for release next year in January. John Abraham wants it to be his next release. Consequently, his movie with Chitrangda Singh and Prachi Desai I Me Aur Main, scheduled to open this August, has been pushed to next year. John feels that Shootout At Wadala, also featuring Anil Kapoor and Kangna Ranaut, is a more hardcore masala movie guaranteed to draw in the masses.
Besides, he also has the pacy action thriller Race 2 with Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone releasing soon after.
A filmmaker friend close to the actor explains, “After recent successes like Housefull 2 and Vicky Donor, John is keen to further consolidate his status with his next two releases (Shootout At Wadala and Race 2). Being commercial films they are expected to register very good initials at the box-office. Keeping that in mind, he’s planning to reschedule his movie with Chitrangda and Prachi (I Me Aur Main) to early next year. A few days of shooting is left. Not to forget, he also has a promotional strategy in place for this film and doesn’t want it to clash with his other films.”
When contacted, Shrishti Behl Arya, the producer of the I Me Aur Main conceded that they still have about a week’s shooting with the actor. “Earlier, the track wasn’t ready. Then John injured himself,” she said, adding that they will take a call after his return from Istanbul.
“After he’s back, we’ll meet and finalise the dates he can give to complete the remaining shoot. Then we’ll figure out the release date and announce it accordingly,” she summed up.
- The Censor Board’s guidelines for gaalis in movies
- Directors who got second chance post forgettable debut
- John Abraham turns his attention to ad films
- Chitrangda too distraught with ‘divorce’; opts out of fashion show?
- In Ekta’s absence, Tusshar plays perfect host at Shootout success party
- Certain critics have loads of free time to think of me-Ameesha Patel
- Buying luxury cars to celebrate film success latest fad in Bollywood?
- Is Sunny Leone an A-lister?
- Next Shootout film to have Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham?
- Chitrangda Singh files for divorce from husband Jyoti Randhawa