Haven’t seen a single movie of Madhubala-Drashti Dhami
Drashti Dhami on her new TV show where she plays Madhubala
Neha Maheshwri Bhagat (BOMBAY TIMES; June 7, 2012)
Initially, actress Drashti Dhami was excited to learn about her part in her new TV show Madhubala… Ek Ishq Ek Junoon. However, she became nervous after realising that comparisons would be drawn between her character and the legendary actress Madhubala. Says Drashti, “It’s a huge responsibility to play the protagonist in Madhubala, but I am positive that my fans will accept me.”
The character may be named after one of Bollywood’s legendary actresses, but Drashti hasn’t seen a single movie of hers. “Though I haven’t seen any of Madhubala’s movies, like everybody else, I know her as the epitome of beauty. I hope I live up to expectations.”
The actress feels she has come a long way since her first show. She confesses, “I used to dread watching my emotional scenes in Dill Mill Gayye with my family. They would laugh at me and tell me to quit acting! When I was offered Geet’s part, I told my director that I didn’t think I was lead material. But with his help, I improved and the show became a success.”
Interestingly, while every other actor has his/her eyes set on Bollywood, Drashti is content with television. She says, “I’m happy doing TV. I don’t think I am fit for Bollywood, unless Sanjay Leela Bhansali offers me a role in the sequel to Black!”
For now Drashti is all excited about her current show. She will make an entry in tonight’s episode. “The show is set against the backdrop of the Indian film industry and gives a glimpse into the lives of Bollywood stars. It honours the 100 years of Indian cinema and is being shot on a grand scale,” she signs off.
The show airs Monday to Friday at 8.30 pm on Colors.
- Madhubala’s family may stall Kishore Kumar biopic?
- What good would Dilip Kumar’s love be without Madhubala?-Priyanka Chopra
- When Ashok Kumar was against casting Madhubala in Mahal
- Actors, filmmakers talk about prostitute phenomenon in Bollywood
- Will Manoj Bajpayee participate in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa?
- Film writer, Bollywood actors remember the ‘chacha in every story’
- Veteran actor A K Hangal passes away
- A K Hangal critically ill
- It’s exciting to come back where I’ve lived my life-A K Hangal
- At 97, AK Hangal shoots for TV