Emraan-Vidya to romance the rains
Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; June 7, 2012)
Rajkumar Gupta has rather ambitious plans. The director of Ghanchakkar wants to recreate the magic of the iconic song Rimjhim gire saawan from Basu Chatterjee’s Manzil with lead pair, Vidya Balan and Emraan Hashmi romancing the rains a la Amitabh Bachchan and Moushumi Chatterjee. And to do that, he has pushed ahead the film by a month so as to start shooting beginning of August instead of the original September date.
Earlier too, the director had wanted to start shooting in August but Emraan vetoed the plan because of time constraints. It was only when Raaz 3 got postponed that Emraan agreed to the August shoot.
Gupta plans to use secret cameras to capture the two popular stars. “It is going to be difficult but both are used to shooting in crowded outdoors,” he said.
The director hopes to wrap up the entire shooting by December. “We haven’t got a release date as yet. But I am hoping it will be the 8th of any month in the first quarter of 2013,” Gupta said.
- Big B returns from Cannes; records for Maharana Pratap
- Sabyasachi Mukherjee blasts critics; defends Vidya’s Cannes look
- Siddharth to join Vidya after Cannes Film Fest for a French tour
- Chiranjeevi’s wish to meet Vidya Balan fulfilled at the Cannes
- Vidya loves her scripts more than her clothes-Sabyasachi Mukherjee
- Check out some of the best Bollywood star pictures of Jagdish Mali
- Bollywood beauties on Day 1 of 66th Cannes Film Festival
- I would have Amitabh Bachchan play any role-Baz Luhrmann
- There is something for every cinephile at 66th Cannes Film Festival
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away