SRK revisits ‘Raj Malhotra’ era for YRF’s next?
The actor will sport two different looks in Yash Chopra’s film. One of them, his DDLJ avtar, is meant to reconnect with the youth
Kunal M Shah (MUMBAI MIRROR; June 4, 2012)
It was his career-defining role. As Raj Malhotra in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge, Shah Rukh Khan won over legions of fans and spawned clones as well. And now, as Mirror has learnt, the actor is set to revisit his iconic role in the film that marks the return of the high priest of romance to the genre. Out of the two different looks SRK sports in Yash Chopra’s untitled next, one is strikingly similar to that of Raj in DDLJ.
A source close to the project revealed, “The story takes a major leap of about 15 to 18 years. In the first part of the film, SRK will be seen as a young carefree youngster romancing Katrina Kaif. In the second part, he will be shown as a 40-plus man that is close to the way he looks now.”
Aditya Chopra, who has written the script, thought SRK has a huge connect with his fans, especially from his DDLJ days and insisted on a look similar to his character in the film.
“Although no one quite knows the story of Yashji’s film, it is now known that SRK will have two distinct looks. The second one, that of a man in his 40s, will be similar to the way he looks now. A lot of work will go into making SRK look exactly like Raj of DDLJ. SRK is very excited to play his younger self, and some of those portions have already been shot in London,” informed the source.
When contacted, the official spokesperson of YRF confirmed the news. Meanwhile, the film is all set for release during Diwali and work is in full swing, said the source, adding that since it is Yashji’s comeback film, no stone is being left unturned to make it the biggest blockbuster of the year.
- Shah Rukh Khan shoots music video for Shekhar Ravjiani’s Marathi single
- SRK leaves media interaction midway to spend an hour with Suhana?
- Abhinav Kashyap moves on to Shah Rukh Khan?
- Rains affect Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone’s films
- Hats Off: Karan Johar silences his detractors and how
- Shah Rukh Khan the most popular father according to survey
- Shah Rukh Khan is the only non-South person in Chennai Express
- Shah Rukh Khan, Arbaaz Khan party together at Ritesh Sidhwani’s bash?
- OUATIMA pushed ahead after SRK, KJo convince Jeetendra, Ekta?
- Bollywood mourns the demise of Priyanka Chopra’s father