Salim-Sulaiman unveil The Bollywood Musical
BOMBAY TIMES (May 26, 2012)
Music director duo Salim Sulaiman will weave their musical magic into more than 30 Bollywood hits of the 1970s from the music company’s huge repertoire of successful music in their latest venture The Bollywood Musical, a live show that promises to offer novelty to cut across today’s monotonous musical offerings.
Over 50 performers will accompany Salim-Sulaiman in a state-of-the-art production that seeks to reach out to music lovers across all age groups and genres.
Said Salim, “It’s a contemporary acoustic representation of all the classics that hasn’t been attempted before in Indian cinema and music.”
Sharing his thoughts on the initiative, Adarsh Gupta, Saregama India Ltd — Business Head added, “The Bollywood Musical is our first step towards a conscious effort in setting benchmarks by using our priceless treasure of old Hindi films. It will be a delight for music lovers. We hope to create new horizons in the Indian soundscape with a spectacular live canvas that will leave audiences enthralled. The compositions played in the concert will be released under our label.”
Television channels are already started queuing up to acquire content. Music fans across India and overseas can witness this spectacular performance on their favourite television channels. Also a huge promotional campaign has been charted out across radio, print, OOH (out-of-home), cinema, internet and social media to reach out to audiences.
- We used live orchestra of 100 musicians for Naino Mein Sapna – Sajid-Wajid
- Bengali actress Mishti to play lead role in Subhash Ghai’s Kaanchi
- Sajid Khan recreates Tathiya Tathiya for Himmatwala
- Ranbir Kapoor to revisit Jumma Chumma
- Kunal Ganjwala’s Bol Bachchan song axed
- Shakal Pe Mat Ja: Boys are back!
- Nominations for IIFA Awards 2011
- Victim retracts, but Shiney BEHIND BARS
- Copycat Timbaland escapes legal action
- ‘Lovers’ in another screen outing!