Emraan Hashmi finally does a ‘U’ film
Sonal Chawla (MUMBAI MIRROR; May 24, 2012)
Emraan Hashmi is done catering to the ‘Adult’ crowd with his long kisses and longer on-screen cozying up. For the first time, the actor better known as the serial kisser of Bollywood will be seen in a film that has been given an ‘U’ certicicate by the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC). Hashmi’s next Ek Thi Daayan co-produced by Vishal Bhardwaj and Ekta Kapoor and directed by Kannan Iyer is going to be his first ‘U’ certified venture.
Interestingly, till date, Emraan has always been a part of projects that have either received an ‘A’ or an U/A’ certificate from CBFC. “I choose films by their content and not their certificate. This movie is a supernatural thriller and it is going to be ‘U’ certified from what we know,” said the actor.
So is this a voluntary effort to change his image? “I am not changing any image. The script of Ek Thi Daayan is really nice, and that’s why I am doing the film. Being in the supernatural genre, the script stands out. It will cater to the masses,” Emraan told Mirror.
Explaining what made him opt for this particular venture, Emraan added, “I was shooting in Jaipur and some children told me that they watch my songs. However, they told me that their parents don’t allow them to see my films. And I told them that one day I would definitely make a film for them. Fortunately, I have got such a script.”
- Ekta’s never offered me a meaningless role-Rakshanda Khan
- Curse of Hamlet: Hrithik had tried to do the film thrice but failed each time?
- Ekta Kapoor sues Siddhartha Jain over Rock The Shaadi mess
- Etka Kapoor ropes in Sujoy Ghosh for a thriller?
- In Ekta’s absence, Tusshar plays perfect host at Shootout success party
- Four filmmakers planning to adapt Hamlet?
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- Emraan Hashmi-Kunal Deshmukh-UTV team up for an edgy thriller
- I am living the male fantasy-Emraan Hashmi
- Emraan to let go of Bhatt film to accomodate a Balaji film?