Dalip Tahil gets into Pandit Nehru’s shoes
BOMBAY TIMES (May 21, 2012)
BT revealed the first look at Farhan Akhtar as ‘Flying Sikh’ sprinter Milkha Singh in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. We now bring you the first look at another pivotal character — both in the movie and the history of our nation — Pt Jawaharlal Nehru. The character is essayed by seasoned actor Dalip Tahil, who has always changed his look to suit the part. Incidentally, he has done a cameo in the film Gandhi, followed by a play based on Mahatma Gandhi’s life called Letters to Gandhi and in Bhaag…, he gets to play Nehru. Says he, “I experiment with my looks only if I’m convinced about it. I will never don a new look just for the sake of it. In BMB, I play Pandit Nehru and am working hard to learn and adopt certain nuances. I even went to the dentist to change my jawline and correct my smile. Also, make-up man Vikram Gaekwad was instrumental in giving me the look of Nehru.” Tahil adds, “Sometime when an actor goes overboard with his look, the original character gets overshadowed which is not right. I have got an excellent response on the sets for the Nehru look.”
- Abandoned railway shed in Haryana became refugee camp setting for BMB
- Caterer’s son lands a role in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
- I can’t handle screaming and shouting-Sonam Kapoor
- You think of Bollywood when you think of India-Meesha Shafi
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag to clash with The Lone Ranger
- Kareena Kapoor excited about her role in Zoya Akhtar’s next?
- Vidya Balan to fly from Melbourne to Cannes next week
- Hrithik Roshan-Ranbir Kapoor in Farhan Akhtar’s next?
- How stars prepare for their crucial scenes before the camera
- How online advertising-marketing is now intergral to Bollywood