No Cannes for Kalki Koechlin
IANS (DNA; May 15, 2012)
Anurag Kashyap and Kalki Koechlin
While filmmaker Anurag Kashyap is all geared up to attend the 65th Cannes International Film Festival, starting May 16, his actress wife Kalki Koechlin won’t be accompanying him but is hopeful that one day she would attend the gala.
“I won’t be able to attend Cannes festival as I will be busy shooting for my film. I have been begging my director to give me sometime off, but that’s not happening. But doesn’t matter, one day I would go to Cannes with one of my films,” Kalki said.
The actress has begun shooting for Vishal Bhardwaj’s Ek Thi Daayan with Konkona Sen Sharma and Emraan Hashmi.
Kashyap is ecstatic after three of his films have been selected for the 12-day festiva lto be held in the French Riviera.
Peddlers, will be showcased along side six other films from countries like Spain, France, Argentina and Germany at the Cannes Critics’Week, a parallel section of the film festival.
Both parts of Kashyap’s Gangs Of Wasseypur,have also been chosen for screening at the fest’s Directors’ Fortnight section.
- Meet the four musketeers of Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
- Lunchbox gets viewers’ award at Cannes
- 3 movies old Nimrat Kaur attracts interest in international circles
- Why Bombay Velvet changed hands from Viacom to Fox
- The Censor Board’s guidelines for gaalis in movies
- Curse of Hamlet: Hrithik had tried to do the film thrice but failed each time?
- As a kid, I thought Nargisji was my grandmother-Ranbir Kapoor
- Shabana Azmi gets into fight with Ishq Ki Maa Ki lyricist
- Four filmmakers planning to adapt Hamlet?
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away