Balika Vadhu celebrates 1000 episodes
Balika Vadhu will see a new character and a new twist tonight
Bina Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; May 14, 2012)
Balika Vadhu hits the 1000-episode mark tonight. Along with that, there’s a new twist. Now that her divorce with Jagya has come through, the new man in Anandi’s life will be introduced. He’s Shiv (played by Siddharth Shukla), a well-groomed, vibrant man of today with an army background. The family will bump into Shiv in today’s episode. But will Anandi accept him? Will she be able to move on? Only time will tell.
BT spoke to actors of Colors’ flagship show, who of course, were only too keen to talk about their characters on this occasion. Said Pratyusha Banerjee aka Anandi, “Life has not played a fair game with Anandi but she will never give up. The remarriage decision being taken by the elders in her family is for her good. She is now ready to accept whatever destiny has planned ahead. The audience has seen Anandi’s journey in these 1000 episodes, her character has grown stronger. I am hoping that with this decision and the change in Anandi’s life; she is able to tell all women to take charge of their life and never give up. Challenges come to only those who can fight. And there is a winner in all of us.”
Smita Bansal (Anandi’s mother-in-law) adds, “Anandi entered our house as my little daughter-in-law and today, she is closer to me than a daughter. Being a woman and a mother, I do understand the emotional turmoil she goes through. The decision to get her remarried is to give her happiness and a life she can lead with her head held high. This move also is an effort to set the age-old tradition right and give women more power to make choices about their lives.”
Talking about their eventful journey, actor Anoop Soni (Anandi’s father-in-law) said, “The journey and experience of the show can never be expressed in words. This is one show where the script has been written keeping in mind the sensitivity of the subject. The show is backed with a lot of thought into establishing the message and a lot of importance is given into delivering every scene and line.”
- Erratic work style, lack of script bank, frequent maha episodes: TV actors sweat it out
- Will Manoj Bajpayee participate in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa?
- Had no clue that I was being auditioned for the role of Anandi-Toral Rasputra
- Meanwhile, the first Anandi is preparing for board exams
- Balika Vadhu changes its Anandi, from Pratyusha to Toral
- No Delhi gangrape on Crime Patrol
- Delhi gangrape case on Crime Patrol
- Salim Khan names Raj-Nadira Babbar’s grandson
- Balika Vadhu girl in Bhatt’s next erotic thriller?
- 275 auditions in 18 months before I became actor-Shashank Vyas