Rani Mukerji takes command?
The actress is calling all the shots related to her look in her forthcoming film
By Hiren Kotwani (MID-DAY; May 12, 2012)
It is well known how Aamir Khan aka Mr Perfectionist prefers to take some of the major decisions concerning his films by himself. Looks like we have a Miss Perfectionist on our hands now. Not just content with calling the shots on her costumes in her forthcoming film, buzz is that Rani Mukerji is going a few steps ahead to make sure that she is at the helm of every aspect of her character in her new film Aiyya, directed by Sachin Kundalkar.
Rani has been known to be at the helm of things in all her films, produced by her rumoured beau Aditya Chopra. Our source says, “Right from the time she signed the film, Rani has been very particular about every nuance of her character — that of a Maharashtrian girl. So when the look of her character was being planned, she took the initiative of discussing her outfits, accessories, etc with the designers Neeta and Nishka Lulla. What’s more, she was also very particular about the materials to be used for the outfits. She would explain why a particular material was better than the other options available.”
If that’s not enough, it is learnt that the actress would also give her inputs to enhance the portrayal of her character. Interestingly, she plays a middle class girl with a tendency to behave theatrically and who woos a stranger just because he smells good.
Our source also tells us that when a particular way of doing a scene failed to impress Rani, she’d suggest her own way for better effect.
As a matter of fact, we learnt that Rani was most particular about her looks in two tracks — one a naughty number full of double entendres and a medley dream sequence. The latter is a tribute to Sridevi (Na jaane kahaan se aayi hai from Chaalbaaz), Madhuri Dixit (Ek do teen from Tezaab) and Juhi Chawla (Tu tu tu tu tu tara from Bol Radha Bol). “While the looks and the costumes will be inspired from the three actresses, Rani’s take on their styling can’t go unnoticed,” says our source.
- Meet Vaani Kapoor, the second heroine in Shuddh Desi Romance
- In pictures: Dr Ashok Chopra’s condolence meet
- Dhoom Drama: Delay caused by Aamir creating a mess in the other actors’ date dairy?
- Govinda completes 29 years in Bollywood
- I am at the crossroads of the decision of becoming a father-Karan Johar
- What I like about my father is how much he loves my mother-Sonam Kapoor
- I can’t handle screaming and shouting-Sonam Kapoor
- Subhash Ghai ventures into fashion
- How come me & Sasheh were not linked?-Arjun Kapoor
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away