Check out Ajay-Big B-Abhishek shooting for Bol Bachchan
Big B keeps Ajay and Abhishek on their toes as they shoot the title track of Bol Bachchan
It’s 38°C. Fancy seeing three actors — Amitabh Bachchan, Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan — in shimmering black sherwanis on a swelteringly hot afternoon. One has got to think they’ve lost it. They’re at a far-flung Mumbai studio readying to shoot the zany title track composed by Himesh Reshammiya for Rohit Shetty’s Bol Bachchan.
Amitabh (he’s a proficient playback artiste) has sung for the track, peppered by Abhishek’s banter and wisecracks by Ajay. The song lends itself to light moments and movements. But the one worth capturing is where the three men break into Bhagwan Dada-like dance steps, immortalised by Big B in his hey days. From then on, the glossy sets and the svelte dance girls pale in comparison. All eyes are on the men in black.
Between shots, Amitabh and Ajay ‘compare notes’ on their health (both have health issues).
Ajay: (to Amitabh) Sir, I’d have gone home, had it not been for you.
AB SR: (with childlike innocence) Go home, I will also get a day off.
Of course, both continue to shoot, long after the conversation has ended. “I have fond memories of him,’’ says Junior B of veteran dance director Chinni Prakash, who’s choreographing the song. “I played with Chinni Sir in 1988 when I was just 12 and he was directing Pa in the evergreen Jumma Chumma De De track from Hum. I’m working with him for the first time. And it feels good,” he notes.
During the break, AB Junior makes plans for a sushi lunch because a neighbouring five-star has a scrumptious sushi spread; but an indisposed Ajay plays spoilsport and talks of having home-made khichdi with dahi.
Later, the Big B takes his daily afternoon power nap and Rohit takes to a quiet corner in his vanity for some ‘me’ time. Ajay is swamped by producers and media-folk. Meanwhile, a slew of security men guard the Bachchans’ privacy. Some of Junior’s staff polishes his fancy white wheels while we walk off the sets.
Bol Bachchan, presented by Fox Star Studios and produced by Shree Ashtavinayak LFS Infra Ltd and Ajay Devgn Ffilms, releases worldwide on July 6.
- Why Bombay Velvet changed hands from Viacom to Fox
- Ajay Devgn, Kajol planning to buy house in London?
- Check out some of the best Bollywood star pictures of Jagdish Mali
- Sonakshi Sinha-Yaami Gautam in Ajay Devgn-Prabhu Dheva flick?
- Hrithik Roshan does a no-show for Sanjay Dutt?
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Abhishek Bachchan’s car runs over lensman’s leg outside Sanjay Dutt’s house
- Ajay Devgn allows decade-old film Naam with his debut producer to release
- Next Shootout film to have Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham?
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away