Nikhil Dwivedi’s the new don in the city
Nikhil Dwivedi will apparently play the dreaded gangster Abu Salem in his forthcoming film
By Hiren Kotwani (MID-DAY; May 10, 2012)
Bollywood recently has seen an upswing in the number of gangster films being churned out. Now we hear that actor Nikhil Dwivedi is gearing up to play dreaded gangster Abu Salem in his next. His character and the film will be called Captain, an alias for Salem in the underworld.
A reliable source associated with the project, to be produced by Suryaveer Singh, and scheduled to start later this year, says, “Currently, Surya and Nikhil are tied up with their upcoming film, a hard-hitting love story. After its release in about three months they will start the preparations for the film on Salem,” we are told.
Earlier, it was speculated that the producer’s current film Tamanchey which is helmed Navneet Bahl-Bharat Arora, was actually based on the Abu Salem-Monica Bedi love story with Richa Chadda playing the gangster’s sweetheart. However, our source maintains that the film has nothing to do with the gangster. The new project, tentatively titled Captain, is scheduled to start later this year.
The film will be shot in Mumbai, Dubai, South Africa and United States. Asked about skipping Portugal, where the don was nabbed with his girlfriend, our source replies, “Some parts of South Africa will be used for the scenes set in Portugal.”
- Sharman Joshi plays good Samaritan act in Bikaner
- When Ranbir Kapoor lost out to Barfi
- Stephen Baldwin comes to Mumbai; signs Abhishek Kapoor
- Shah Rukh Khan charges Rs 8 cr for a 30-minute jig in Dubai?
- Mamta Kulkarni weds jailed lover, sets him free
- Open to any challenge that my profession has to offer-Ali Zafar
- ‘Bholi Punjaban’ of Fukrey, Richa Chadda, is not so bholi
- Aditya Roy Kapoor turns hero in real life for Shraddha Kapoor
- Pure-veg Richa Chadda eats fake chicken in Fukrey
- Why Manish Paul didn’t have to pay for Rs 50,000 worth of purchases in Dubai