Mehr will make me look good-Arjun Rampal
By Sneha Mahadevan (DNA; May 10, 2012)
Arjun Rampal with wife Mehr
Joining the long list of names from B-Town to be in the elite list of Cannes Film Festival invitees is actor Arjun Rampal. The actor, who will make his debut on the red carpet, is all set to sashay down with wife and former supermodel, Mehr at the French Riviera.
Arjun, who is on a short break from his hectic shooting schedule in Madhya Pradesh for Prakash Jha’s Chakravyuh, is currently in Mumbai, planning out the intricacies of his trip, where he’ll be representating a brand he endorses. He insisted that he will walk the red carpet only if wife, former supermodel Mehr accompanies him. “It was decided right from day one that Mehr will walk the red carpet with me. She had to. She will make me look good amidst people there,” says Arjun.
Arjun was earlier slated to walk on the opening night on May 16, but the date clashed with his shooting schedules. So he reworked his schedule at Cannes and will now be walking on the closing night on the 27. About the visit, the actor says, “It is a very big honour for me to attend the Cannes Film Festival. I’ll be representing my brand with whom Ihave a very strong association.” He adds that he’s also there to largely increase knowledge and encourage global connections about cinema. “I’ll be there to create a sense of brotherhood, a creative brotherhood, where people from different lines of cinema, meet and interact. I am most excited about representing our film industry, more than anything else. I am hoping that I don’t end up making a faux pas,” he smiles.
The actor is mighty excited about his trip to Cannes, but says he still has to figure out what he will don for the night. “It is in process and I am still thinking. I am not sure what I will wear. Mehr is wearing a Tarun Tahiliani ensemble and I may just ask Gudda (designer Rohit Bal) to design something for me. Fingers crossed!” says Arjun.
- Meet the fearless foursome of D-Day
- Censor Board raises objection to D-Day trailer
- Check out Shruti Haasan as a Karachi prostitue in D-Day
- Arjun Kapoor is the most desirable man of 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan looking for residential property in Bhopal?
- Prasoon Joshi’s poem on Anna Hazare included in Satyagraha
- Sajid Khan finally steps out; spotted in Bhopal with Ajay Devgn
- Nandita Das to direct another film
- Prakash Jha has given me my most challenging role-Amrita Rao
- Arjun Rampal ‘robs’ society of their gym; residents upset?