Sarah Jane Dias gets mobbed
Model-actress who stepped out to have chicken burger at the Mumbai airport was almost mobbed till co-star Riteish Deshmukh jumped to her aid
By Hiren Kotwani (MID-DAY; May 9, 2012)
Her love for fast food had actress Sarah Jane Dias almost mobbed at the Mumbai domestic airport recently. Thankfully, a serious situation was averted, after her co-star Riteish Deshmukh ran to her aid.
The incident occurred when the two stars were on their way to Goa for the shoot of their upcoming film Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum. Their departure on the aircraft that they were scheduled to fly on was delayed for some reason and the two actors decided to spend time in the business lounge. Sarah apparently felt hungry and decided to check out what food was available.
“However, she wasn’t too happy with the options available. She told Riteish that she wanted to go out and get herself a chicken burger from a restaurant that was located at the other side of the airport,” recalls our source, adding that Riteish suggested that she should not venture out alone and that he would accompany her. “No sooner had they stepped out, a sizeable crowd gathered. Fortunately, the car arrived in time before they were completely surrounded by the people outside,” says our source.
We’re further told that the scene wasn’t much different when the two stars reached the food joint either. “Not only the people inside the restaurant wanted pictures with them and their autographs, even those outside rushed in for the same.”
Thankfully for Sarah, Riteish handled the crowd efficiently and after getting her what she wanted, escorted her out. Even though people were getting too close to him, he didn’t lose his cool and ensured that Sarah didn’t feel the slightest discomfort while walking out, says our source adding that soon they proceeded for their security check.
Sarah confirmed the story saying she was touched by Riteish’s offer to help her. “I was starving and it was very kind of Riteish to accompany me. He was not only nice to me, a newcomer, but also to the people who approached him for photographs and autographs,” she recalls, adding that Abhishek Bachchan is another co-star who has no starry airs around newcomers and fans.
- Now, a biopic on India’s first Olympic winner
- Abhishek Bachchan to watch Champions League final in London
- Mahie ready to reveal everything about her hotelier boyfriend but his name?
- Shah Rukh Khan-Salman Khan were shooting in Goa at the same time?
- Adil Hussain’s tough cop act in Charles Sobhraj film
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Abhishek Bachchan’s car runs over lensman’s leg outside Sanjay Dutt’s house
- Next Shootout film to have Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham?
- Riteish Deshmukh ready with Bigg Boss in Marathi
- Timeless beauties who have romanced both father and son