I’ve been through hell-Kangna Ranaut
By Aakansha Naval-Shetye (DNA; May 9, 2012)
Kangna Ranaut may only be seven years old in the industry, but the actor says that the seven years have actually added 17 years of maturity in her. “I had started off in the industry when I was still in my late teens. I feel that I’ve grown up faster here and am more mature in my thinking than anyone my age,” she says. Though she’s not bitter about her initial experiences, she does admit that she often shudders to think about it. “I’ve been through hell during my initial days, but luckily my experiences have only made me stronger,” she adds. “To top it all, I was playing such intense and dark characters, that everything just seemed super bleak at that time,” shares Kangna.
Happy to finally put it all behind her, the actor says that today her past is nothing but a faded memory. “I have so much to look forward to and am super excited to do the kind of films I am doing. I am actually proud to have made it so far on my own completely, without a Godfather or filmi backing,” she says. “From feeling like a complete outsider, where I didn’t even know whom to turn to in those days to today where I feel so much a part of the industry is a huge turn-around for me and it’s all the more special for me, as it’s only my work that’s brought about this change,” explains Kangna.
Currently busy with her films including Sanjay Gupta’s Shootout At Wadala and Hrithik Roshan-starrer Krrish sequel, the actor says that she can’t wait to begin shooting for her other films. “All my films have me play characters, which are completely different from each other and all of them are extremely strong author-backed roles, which is what I’m looking for,” adds Kangna.
Insisting that she’s in a good space both professionally and personally, the actor says that she’s not looking at changing the pace of things at all. “I am not looking at suddenly increasing the number of films I do, the criteria is only good roles, not the numbers,” she says. What about her love-life? “Lots of love in my life, yes,” she smiles.
- The Censor Board’s guidelines for gaalis in movies
- In Ekta’s absence, Tusshar plays perfect host at Shootout success party
- Sonakshi reaches event; but doesn’t come out of van due to Kangna?
- Buying luxury cars to celebrate film success latest fad in Bollywood?
- Is Sunny Leone an A-lister?
- Next Shootout film to have Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham?
- Shahid is my proudest accomplishment so far-Raj Kumar Yadav
- Ajay offers support to Ekta and her Eid release OUATIM 2?
- Check out Priyanka Chopra’s hot item song in Zanjeer 2.0
- The audience doesn’t care if an actor is related to the producer-Tusshar