Deepika shoots classical number for Rajinikanth’s next
V Lakshmi (BOMBAY TIMES; May 5, 2012)
Almost five years ago, Deepika Padukone shot her first classical number, albeit just for the opening beats in the Dhoom Tanna… number in her Bollywood debut Om Shanti Om. And now, we hear that the actress shot for a full-fledged classical song in her Kollywood debut, Kochadaiyaan.
A source reveals, “Though Deepika wasn’t part of the London schedule of the film, she joined the unit in Kerala a couple of weeks ago. It was there that she, along with Rajinikanth, shot for a traditional dance, set to classical beats. Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan has conceptualised this number, which has been composed by A R Rahman. The entire team had been rehearsing for over three days for this, and the song was shot over two days. Deepika is trained in Bharatanatyam and Kathak, and she didn’t have much trouble getting the steps right for this dream sequence song.”
While reluctant to reveal details on the number, Saroj says, “It’s after a long time that I’m part of a Tamil film, and I’m glad it happens to be a Rajinikanth one. The number is picturised on Deepika and Rajini, and both have put their heart and soul into this number. The classical sequence has come out very well, and will be much talked about.”
- I was loser in school; guy I liked never paid attention to me-Sobhita Dhulipala
- I’ll be the godfather of Deepika Padukone’s child-Ranbir Kapoor
- SLB can’t afford to take rest despite ill & being on liquid diet
- How the Guide songs helped the film find a distributor
- Deepika and I hope to be like Nargis and Raj Kapoor-Ranbir Kapoor
- Ranbir, Deepika go all out to promote Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
- Ranbir is a person who I can do anything for-Imtiaz Ali
- Race against time: SRK doesn’t let Deepika go for world tour with Ranbir?
- Deepika Padukone-Arjun Kapoor team up for an English film?
- Deepika is the most beautiful woman in the world-Ranveer Singh