Priyadarshan blinks; Mallika Sherawat stays in Tezz
Amrapali Sharma (MUMBAI MIRROR; April 26, 2012)
In the ongoing tug-of-war between director Priyadarshan and producer Ratan Jain over the item number by Mallika Sherawat in Tezz, it was only a question of who blinked first. And from the looks of it, Priyan is the one to have relented.
Angry over the song having been shot and incorporated sans his permission or presence and also because he had always rooted for Sameera Reddy as the it girl, Priyan called for a meeting with Jain on Monday to weed out what he perceived as a misfit and unnecessary inclusion in Tezz.
While it isn’t clear as to what exactly transpired at the meeting, a source close to the project told Mirror, “Priyan was so upset with Jain for sidelining his decision and shooting the song that he abandoned the film, leaving the dubbing, editing and background score to the producer. He went to Wai to shoot Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal and almost completed it before time. As such, the whole post-production of Tezz was completed by Venus films which took a lot of effort and additional costs.”
The source said in the circumstances, Jain was left with no choice but to include what was initially only a promotional number in the film at the last stage.
Meanwhile, Jain, who had earlier said that as a producer and a businessman, he understood what sells, this time around maintained that, “The song was shot with Priyan’s approval. I went to Wai to meet him, and he had no objection to it. He was present during the post production too. I am on very good terms with him and he is now promoting the film in different cities.”
Having established there was absolutely no difference of opinion over the item number and that he had Priyan’s full cooperation, Jain made it very clear that the Mallika Sherawat Laila song is there in the film for sure.
- Bollywood beauties on Day 1 of 66th Cannes Film Festival
- The fall and fall of Mallika Sherawat
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag to clash with The Lone Ranger
- Sensuality overshadows my acting-Mallika Sherawat
- Sex siren Mallika Sherawat is back; so is her motormouth?
- Rangrezz: Jackky Bhagnani’s tale of true friendship
- I have not seen Aamir Khan for the last 10 years-Priyadarshan
- Rangrezz team visits the Golden Temple
- Aamir Khan prodcutions rejects 200 scripts in a year?
- Mahie, Sharman, Anupam in Bhooter Bhobhishyot remake